Advertisement

Mobile skin request: "View Newest Reply" button?

Having a problem accessing the Outhouse? Drop a line and let us know.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 157 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Mobile skin request: "View Newest Reply" button?

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:32 am

This guy right here:

With windows mobile I never got the mobile skin so I'd load up the full one and hit this to see the newest post in a thread rom when I'd last looked @ it.

But now that I got an Iphone the mobile skin pops up and the lack of this feature really frustrates me. Especially since the posts aren't timestamped to at least give me a rough idea what I'm looking for. Especially when threads blow up by 50 pages overnight.

Adding this to the mobile skin would be really convenient and a hell of a time-saver.

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 524 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: Mobile skin request: "View Newest Reply" butto

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:35 am

fieldy snuts wrote:This guy right here:

With windows mobile I never got the mobile skin so I'd load up the full one and hit this to see the newest post in a thread rom when I'd last looked @ it.

But now that I got an Iphone the mobile skin pops up and the lack of this feature really frustrates me. Especially since the posts aren't timestamped to at least give me a rough idea what I'm looking for. Especially when threads blow up by 50 pages overnight.

Adding this to the mobile skin would be really convenient and a hell of a time-saver.

I can add anything the regular skin does to the mobile skin. Where do you think would be a good spot for it? How do you like the mobile skin otherwise?
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 157 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:36 am

Uh, I guess it can be placed right outside the [goto] pages bracket to the left of it/ That way there's the latest reply on one side and this on the other.

I'm liking the mobile skin. The lack of timestamps can make it a bit confusing at times but other than that and the lack of said button I'm good with it.

A big problem I have with the iphone in general is that when I quote a big lot of text I cant seem to scroll through the reply box to get to the bottom of it. Neither Vbulletin or PHPbb seem to have a counter for it.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Bugs and Fixes