Advertisement

What Do YOU Want?

Having a problem accessing the Outhouse? Drop a line and let us know.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Spektre
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 254 posts

Re: What Do YOU Want?

Postby Spektre » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:08 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
Hmm I think it's supposed to do that. Are you talking about the quick login boxes at the bottom of the page? Maybe I can fix that.

What happens if you just hit the quote button on a post?

The quote button does not appear unless you are logged in.

Generally when I first come to the board I am not. If I read something I want to post on I then hit the Login link above and login and am then redirected to the forums front page, where I must navigate to the link again OR hit the back button 3 times and refresh.
- Continuity is or it is not. There is no such thing as soft continuity.
- A character IS his continuity.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 414 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:59 pm

As Jude suggested, If you are not logged in and want to reply to something, scroll down and use the Log-in fields (Username/Password) at the bottom of that page. It will log you on and keep you in that thread. I use that function frequently.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Spektre
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Spektre » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:03 pm

I'd like to see nested quotes.

I cannot tell you how many post replies have disappeared because the quote syntax was off causing large portions of the reply to be deleted.
- Continuity is consistency of the characteristics of people, plot, objects, and places seen by the reader or viewer.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 952 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Spektre wrote:I'd like to see nested quotes.

I cannot tell you how many post replies have disappeared because the quote syntax was off causing large portions of the reply to be deleted.

I specifically removed nested quotes because everyone complained about them when we first set up this version of the software years ago. I mean, I don't mind them, but people didn't like them.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Spektre
Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Spektre » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:13 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:

I specifically removed nested quotes because everyone complained about them when we first set up this version of the software years ago. I mean, I don't mind them, but people didn't like them.

Yes, I have seen complaints of nested quotes also, although I find them more conducive to exploring a subject as opposed to adding a witty one liner to the end of posts.

At a minimum, I wish there was a way to stop large patches of a reply from getting deleted because your quote /quote syntax happens to be off.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 952 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:51 pm

Spektre wrote:
Yes, I have seen complaints of nested quotes also, although I find them more conducive to exploring a subject as opposed to adding a witty one liner to the end of posts.

At a minimum, I wish there was a way to stop large patches of a reply from getting deleted because your quote /quote syntax happens to be off.

There is a way - don't mess up your quote syntax. :P
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to Bugs and Fixes