Sunday, July 31, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Good enough for government work!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Favorite Secret Avengers creative team?

Favorite Secret Avengers creative team?

Brubaker/Deodato
40%
Spencer/various
No votes
Ellis/various
No votes
Remender/Hardman
60%
Spencer/Ross (Spencer's 2nd run)
No votes
  Total votes : 5

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:59 pm

Amoebas wrote:I just find it funny that a book that's not two years old already has had 4 creative team turnovers.

Huh. I just find that predictable these days.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:29 am

So apparently Spencer's getting a second chance..

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:40 am

Marvel: Giving the people what they want.

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:56 pm

Zero wrote:Marvel: Giving the people what they want.

Spencer is not what I want.

The answer, by the way, is clearly Ellis and McKelvie.

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Just read the first collection. Wow, that was... underwhelming.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:21 pm

So... with Remander's run over and Spencer's second run beginning, I wanted to see what folks thought of the last series, as individual issues/runs and as a whole, and their thoughts on the new series.

Can't say I was a huge fan of Remander's run. It felt like all he wanted to do was tie up loose ends/use discarded ideas from his Uncanny X-Force run. Maybe it's just me, I dunno...

After having read the first issue of the new series, I'm not loving it. I'm not digging the memory implant thing, I don't mind Black Fury (a.k.a. Blurry)but I didn't really like him shooting Hawkeye just to test the nanites. "Healing factor bullets" or not.

Supposedly Taskmaster is appearing next issue. REALLY hoping it's done well. Or I might be done.

Apache Chef

Expert Post Whore

Postby Apache Chef » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:27 pm

Remender's run never had much steam behind it, but Hardman is one of my favorite artists. Not sure why he left Marvel.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:44 pm

Of all of these, Warren Ellis, but none really grabbed me. Secret Avengers had such promise as a concept and failed so hard. I'm not getting the new series cause the concept doesn't grab me.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:40 pm

I only read Remender but I agree that it seems like he's just using a bunch of shit that was left over from Uncanny X-Force.

Also, many of the characters feel like they are running parallel with Uncanny X-Force.

Venom and Fantomex
Archangel and Ant-Man
Hawkeye and Wolverine

I read the first trade and it's pretty okay.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:01 pm

HNutz wrote:So... with Remander's run over and Spencer's second run beginning, I wanted to see what folks thought of the last series, as individual issues/runs and as a whole, and their thoughts on the new series.

Can't say I was a huge fan of Remander's run. It felt like all he wanted to do was tie up loose ends/use discarded ideas from his Uncanny X-Force run. Maybe it's just me, I dunno...

After having read the first issue of the new series, I'm not loving it. I'm not digging the memory implant thing, I don't mind Black Fury (a.k.a. Blurry)but I didn't really like him shooting Hawkeye just to test the nanites. "Healing factor bullets" or not.

Supposedly Taskmaster is appearing next issue. REALLY hoping it's done well. Or I might be done.

The memory thing isn't that bad, makes me wonder if they really did promise them something or made them believe it when in fact they won't get anything. Pacing seemed very messy though.

I honestly laughed out loud at the last page twist though. Healing factor bullets are stupid (especially after head shots) but it made Blurry look more dickish than any incarnation of Nick Fury ever was save for probably Ennis's version.

leave a comment with facebook