Advertisement

Uncanny X-Force #29 (Still got my figure Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Uncanny X-Force #29 (Still got my figure Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:07 am

It was interesting reading this straight after Dark Avengers, kind of a dystopian future overload. That one was Judge Dredd, and this one is Minority Report. The main thrust of this issue was Psylocke trying, and failing to kill herself in order to prevent this future. The most interesting scene was the dream sequence where Psylocke is reunited with Warren. Not only was this well-written, but there’s a great ambiguity about it. Was it a genuine visit to the afterlife and a genuine return of the real Angel? Or was it just mental manipulation from the future Psylocke? Hmmmm. Also interesting was the interaction between Future Psylocke and Present Psylocke about their love for both Angel and the late, lamented Fantomex. What makes this even more interesting is the revelation that Future Psylocke is in a relationship with Future Wolverine, will that be coming up in the present? Remender of course provides some good comic relief from Deadpool, who hilariously rips into the Punisher, and even AoA Nightcrawler gets some nice deadpan stuff in. The fact that Remender has made Deadpool actually funny is made even better by the darkness of this title overall. I did enjoy this little detour into the future, but I do feel that it had interrupted the momentum of what had been going on before, we’d only just been introduced to the new Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants, and then we forget about them! Hopefully Remender can pick up the pace in #30, and we can get back to Daken, Kid Apocalypse and more.

Advertisement

MistaT
penile prisoner

Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Uncanny X-Force #29 (Still got my figure Spoilers)

Postby MistaT » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:03 pm

I found the Angel/Betsy dream sequence really interesting too. I believe Granny Betsy that she did not interfere, but then if Warren is in "Heaven" then who is in his body?

And what did Granpa Logan whisper to Logan I wonder?!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: Uncanny X-Force #29 (Still got my figure Spoilers)

Postby Chris » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:05 pm

MistaT wrote:I found the Angel/Betsy dream sequence really interesting too. I believe Granny Betsy that she did not interfere, but then if Warren is in "Heaven" then who is in his body?

And what did Granpa Logan whisper to Logan I wonder?!

Well, we've known since the end of Dark Phoenix Saga that Warren was dead. There was nothing left of him in the body. The new Warren was a blank slate. I don't think it's a case of "someone else" being in his body, so much as it's just a new Warren with none of the memories, personality or anything of the old. It's a brand new character, pretty much. The Warren we knew died, and his soul moved on or whatever.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand