Advertisement

I'm watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 142 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Re: I'm watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Postby nietoperz » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:21 pm

Rockman wrote:To be honest I didn't care for season 2 of Angel that much either, and it seems like season 4 hits some of the same beats, with Angelus returning and other things I've gleaned off of comments here.

But I know Spike returns in S5 so I'm excited for that, I felt like we didn't get enough character moments for him post-soul in season 7 due to be insane for half the season, then under the influence of that trigger. But they were juggling a pretty massive cast at that point.

They didn't clarify but I assume his ensoulment does not come with the same stipulation as Angel about the happiness thing?

It doesn't no. In the end (and as you'll see Spike point out), Spike quested for his soul and won it back, while Angel's was returned to him as part of a curse. Spike's allowed to be perfectly happy, he's just not all that good at it.

Advertisement

David Bird
phrase IV

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby David Bird » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:11 pm

nietoperz wrote:
It doesn't no. In the end (and as you'll see Spike point out), Spike quested for his soul and won it back, while Angel's was returned to him as part of a curse. Spike's allowed to be perfectly happy, he's just not all that good at it.

Well put. And do stay away from the comics. In fact, if you see a copy of the "Season Eight" series you should actually physically move away from the comic.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 265 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:02 pm

OKay so I just started season 5 of Angel.

I have to say I didn't think season 4 was bad at all, the stuff with Jasmine was pretty stupid. But I thought a lot of the other stuff was pretty cool.

Hate Conner though, he's awful. The final scene of season 4 though was pretty good, with Angel watching him with his new family.

Season 5 is off to great start, lots of fun so far.

David Bird
phrase IV

Postby David Bird » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:11 pm

We re-watched Buffy season 1 through 3 and have been meaning to get to season 4 forever. I am thinking of just skipping to season 5 and then starting Angel.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 142 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:15 pm

Skipping to season 5 would mean missing out on Hush and Restless - not something I could do!

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:17 pm

you can watch those episodes as standalones though.

David Bird
phrase IV

Postby David Bird » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:42 pm

Yeah, a good episode here or there isn't worth sitting through an entire season for.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:50 am

Just finished Angel.

Season 5 was a lot of fun. Probably the best season of that show.

Was a little dissapointed in the final scene, I felt like they left too much up in the air. Though the final exchange was a lot of fun.

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 40 posts

Postby PDH » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:04 pm

Rockman wrote:Just finished Angel.

Season 5 was a lot of fun. Probably the best season of that show.

Was a little dissapointed in the final scene, I felt like they left too much up in the air. Though the final exchange was a lot of fun.

Really? I absolutely loved that scene. It's one of my favourite endings to a show.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:14 pm

PDH wrote:
Really? I absolutely loved that scene. It's one of my favourite endings to a show.

An army of demons invading LA is kind of a huge thing to go out on. It felt like it was just too big to leave up in the air. But I do think it was important to show that for Angel the "adventure continues"

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:06 pm

I thought given the context of Angel since the beginning of the show, the ending was perfect.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Rockman wrote:Hate Conner though, he's awful. The final scene of season 4 though was pretty good, with Angel watching him with his new family.

Connor was a complete waste of time and space. He made any episode that he was in worse.

CountD
Undead Member

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:56 pm

Rockman wrote:
An army of demons invading LA is kind of a huge thing to go out on. It felt like it was just too big to leave up in the air. But I do think it was important to show that for Angel the "adventure continues"

It's my 2nd favorite fictional ending.

I think Angel could've gone on strong for at least 2 more seasons. but what's done is done.
For as much as I liked Angel and Buffy- I've seen them so many times, they're hard to get through nowadays.

I feel bad for the people who turn their nose up at it and won't try watching a season.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:07 pm

Well I too have started the Buffy series. Season one was fairly underwhelming, but season two is much better. Starting to really like some of the characters. Spike is a much better bad guy than The Master. So far though I think my favorite part of the show is Buffy's penchant for short skirts and dresses! :smt007

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:06 pm

Just finished season 3. Its a really good show, I like it. I thought the season finale with the mayor was a bit anti climatic, but other than that I have enjoyed everything else.

Question. Now that Angel has left is this where his series starts and do I need to watch the two at the same time or will I be fine with continuing with Buffy until I can get Angel downloaded? can they be watched seperately?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum