Advertisement

Green Lantern Corps #12 (List gets longer Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 88 posts
Title: Shitlord

Green Lantern Corps #12 (List gets longer Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:40 pm

Jesus Christ, people who complain about superhero comics being too dark and violent should not read this issue. In a comic about space policemen with magic rings, we see a character kill all of his allies and then shoot himself in the head. This is grim stuff. But I suppose this is what Tomasi’s take on the Green Lantern Corps has always been, they aren’t so much a police force, but an army, and therefore the stakes and levels of violence are upped. But still, this went to a dark place I’m not sure Green Lantern really should. I mean, it’s not even enjoyable anymore; at least Black Lanterns were fun! This was just depressing. Add to that another scene much like the one in this week’s issue of Green Lantern where the Guardians speechify, this was not a good issue of GLC. Let’s hope the zero issue and it’s Guy Gardner origin will be more fun.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 414 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Green Lantern Corps #12 (List gets longer Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:45 am

What was John Stewart's "fate" ?
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand