Advertisement

Saucer Country #6 (There's your Alien reference Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: Shitlord

Saucer Country #6 (There's your Alien reference Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:42 pm

This issue seemed to me like Cornell’s mission statement for this series. He’s going to take all of the random UFO mythology that’s out there, and explore it, order it, and turn it into a really exciting story that aims to be the definitive fiction on Flying Saucers. Maybe that’s a bit high-minded, but I just loved seeing him bring in stuff from real supposed UFO sightings, and tying it in with elements from films and TV shows to make a crazy whole. And yet it still feels like we’re only just scratching the surface. After an only OK opening arc, this issue is the one that really sold me on this book, you could just feel Cornell’s passion for this subject seeping through every page, and I can’t wait to find out more about the UFOs and what his take on the ‘truth’ is. Cornell’s Knight & Squire co-conspirator Jimmy Broxton provided the art for this one, and he did a very good job, especially as he had to draw things from all sorts of different timeframes and loads of different types of alien. This was the best issue of Saucer Country so far, so bring on #7!

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 317 posts
Title: Self Important

Re: Saucer Country #6 (There's your Alien reference Spoilers

Postby guitarsmashley » Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:35 pm

has this series been any good? I haven't read any cornell that's really made me love him.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 58 posts
Title: Shitlord

Re: Saucer Country #6 (There's your Alien reference Spoilers

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:29 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:has this series been any good? I haven't read any cornell that's really made me love him.

It's good, but not great so far, this issue was the best yet.

If you are interested in politics or UFO lore, you should definitely check it out, and the art is very good.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand