Advertisement

Secret Avengers #30 (Ill-concieved home enema kit Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Secret Avengers #30 (Ill-concieved home enema kit Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:06 am

More fun in Bagalia with Hawkeye and the gang, and it was refreshing to see the Secret Avengers trying to be secret for once. Hawkeye doesn’t want to intervene in Venom’s fight with Taskmaster because he doesn’t want the supervillains to know that Venom is now working as a hero. At times this book has hardly been secret at all, so it was cool to see them try and be discreet, such as using Ant-Man to sneak inside Taskmaster’s head. Of course, then Hawkeye and Valkyrie have a massive motor-cycle chase through the city, so secrecy ends there, but hey. I think the best thing about this issue was Vengeance (the evil Ghost Rider) and his ridiculous pontificating rants and how Hawkeye made fun of them, you could tell Remender was having fun with that. In the end, we get to a moment that this book has been teasing since #1, the 3 Crowns are combined into one for Max Fury to use… and they don’t work, because he’s just a robot. That was a clever way to undercut things, and then to twist it again as Taskmaster puts it on and everything goes to shit. The Abyss is upon us. What does that mean? I’m very excited to find out. I was also very impressed by Mateo Scalera’s artwork in this issue, it’s growing on me, I thought it was a bit cartoony in #29, but here, it looked suitably grimy. Maybe it’s easier to serious when you don’t have to draw The Circus Of Crime?

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand