Advertisement

Supercrooks #4 (Wicked little bitch Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Supercrooks #4 (Wicked little bitch Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am

Millar and Yu’s latest project comes to an end with a double-sized issue that really does deliver. We see the heist on The Bastard in it’s entirety, and the whole thing is very enjoyable, with some fantastic moments and twists. I particularly liked the very disgusting scene where those two brothers with healing factors repeatedly getting cut up in order to get through the lasers. That was the purest moment of Millar getting back to his awesome high concept of ‘Oceans 11 but with superpowers’ and it was great. Another great scene was Gladiator standing away from the fight with the Praetorian until the last minute and then fucking destroying him. Now that’s a gay character! I must admit that I was surprised that they got away with the crime, I was fully expecting one final twist and for the Bastard to kill them all, but for once it was a happy ending. This was a fun mini-series, not quite as good as Superior, but Millar and Yu make for a great team, I enjoyed myself and the art was great. Here’s hoping the upcoming movie is good too. Also of note, was that this issue featured preview art for Millar and Quitely’s upcoming Jupiter’s Children, which looks amazing.

Advertisement

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 98 posts

Re: Supercrooks #4 (Wicked little bitch Spoilers)

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:40 am

Going to sound like Scrooge McDuck yet again, but what constitutes "double sized" these days? I read every issue up until this one, and then passed because it jumped from $2.99 to $4.99 for the finale. It didn't exactly feel like there were $2.00 worth of more pages in there. Page count, anyone?

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand