Advertisement

Brilliant #4 (Under a futon Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Brilliant #4 (Under a futon Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:10 am

After a loooooong delay, Bendis and Bagley’s superheroes meets The Social Network story is back, and it was good. It was a good idea from Bendis to have the first few pages be the characters introducing themselves in interrogation, because I had kind of forgotten their names! I knew one of them was a bald asian and one had curly hair… but that was it. I was very surprised that Amadeus died in this issue, it looked like Bendis was setting him up as the main antagonist of the series, but no, he’s dead. But he will still have a lot of impact on the series in death, his demonstration of superpowers is all over the internet and TV now, and the FBI are watching his friends. Oh yeah, and the girl one (Marie is her name I think) is also revealed to have given herself superpowers. That’s not going to end well. This was a talky issue, but that’s what Bendis does best, and the talking was interesting, I especially like the scenes with the FBI, it’s very cool that Bendis is not going the obvious route and making the FBI villains, the main agent in particular is a cool character. This continues to be a good comic, let’s just hope Bendis and Bags don’t take so long to get the next one out, now that their run on Avengers Assemble is nearly done, I reckon this will be coming out a bit quicker.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 123 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Brilliant #4 (Under a futon Spoilers)

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:11 am

Whoa, this is still out? I wondered what happened to it, although I wasn't interested in the story itself.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Re: Brilliant #4 (Under a futon Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:28 am

McDarkseid wrote:Whoa, this is still out? I wondered what happened to it, although I wasn't interested in the story itself.

I think the creative team got sidetracked by Avengers Assemble.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand