Advertisement

Uncanny X-Men #17 (No, not that Nimrod Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Uncanny X-Men #17 (No, not that Nimrod Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:07 am

The final chapter of the Mister Sinister story, and it was full of great moments as pretty much every member of the team got a chance to shine. Psylocke kicked ass because she’s a bloody ninja, Magneto flirted with Storm and Emma Frost made fun of Sinister’s accent. All good stuff, and I feel that this arc has showcased the best of what Kieron Gillen can do when it comes to dialogue, there’s been some classic exchanges. The artwork was a bit of a mish-mash though, Acuna does some pages, and Mike Del Mundo does others. I’m not sure how I feel about Del Mundo’s art, some panels looked fantastic, and some others looked really strange. But he has a unique style, and that’s always something to build on. The issue ends with Sinister getting burned to a crisp by the Phoenix, and Cyclops ominously declaring the Earth as belonging to the X-Men. Oh Scott, don’t say things like that, it’ll only fuel the internet hate brigade! I did feel a bit like this issue dropped the ball on exploring the rift between the Phoenix 5 and the rest of the team, but hopefully that won’t be forgotten, as it’s very interesting, well, it’s interesting to me at least.

Advertisement

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Re: Uncanny X-Men #17 (No, not that Nimrod Spoilers)

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:57 am

*sigh*. Cyclops is a Magneto level douchebag. Carry on.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 551 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:29 pm

Shouldn't Psylocke be a Brit-kabob now ?
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:25 pm

alaska1125 wrote:*sigh*. Cyclops is a Magneto level douchebag. Carry on.

But that's why I've enjoyed this "event". Cyclops' slide to the dark side has actually been written very well.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand