Advertisement

Superman #12 (Least likely to bungee jump Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Superman #12 (Least likely to bungee jump Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:52 am

More solid, traditional stuff as Superman defeats the weird lizard alien that kicked his ass last time out. It all pretty much played out like you’d expect. It turns out the Alien is not really evil, and that it’s bad actions are mostly down to humans, we’re the real monsters etc, and there’s the usual playing up of parallels between Superman and the Alien Threat. All standard stuff, but it was entertaining. The ending of the issue was a little strange though, Superman decides to enjoy himself a little more as Clark Kent and goes on a date with Lucy Lane. I’m all for the possibility of Clark dating Lucy, because it would be something new, but what with this week’s news about Superman and Wonder Woman getting together, it seems a little bit pointless, like Jurgens didn’t know what Johns was doing in Justice League. Next month’s Zero Issue is the start of this title’s 3rd creative team in only a year, will Lobdell and Rocafort do better than Perez, Merino, Jurgens and Giffen did? Let’s hope so, this book needs more to it than just Superman doing Superman-type things.

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Superman #12 (Least likely to bungee jump Spoilers)

Postby Juan Cena » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:03 pm

The Supes/WW thing has managed to make Clark Kent more irrelevant.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 165 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Punchy wrote:The ending of the issue was a little strange though, Superman decides to enjoy himself a little more as Clark Kent and goes on a date with Lucy Lane. I’m all for the possibility of Clark dating Lucy, because it would be something new, but what with this week’s news about Superman and Wonder Woman getting together, it seems a little bit pointless, like Jurgens didn’t know what Johns was doing in Justice League.

He probably didn't know!!!

At least not when he wrote this story.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 156 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:08 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
He probably didn't know!!!

At least not when he wrote this story.

Johns' doing something behind the back of another creator? Shocking!

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 427 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:26 am

Haven't you ever gone out on dates with, or kissed, 2 different women in the same week ? :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand