Advertisement

Winter Soldier #10 (I like the rain Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Winter Soldier #10 (I like the rain Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:58 am

As brilliant as Michael Lark is, it’s damn good to have Butch Guice back on this title, he really nails the more out-there, Steranko-inspired moments, and his panel arrangements are something else. This issue picks up right where the last one left off, with Black Widow having gone off the reservation and killed a bunch of SHIELD Agents. As I suspected, Nick Fury is still alive (although for once they didn’t go the LMD route), but Jaspert Sitwell is well and truly dead. Which is a shame, just when I was starting to like him. I really like how far ahead Leo Novokov has been planning with this story, he’s a great enemy for Bucky to face, really formidable, and I almost hope he doesn’t die at the end of this arc, just so he can stick around as a permanent arch-foe. But knowing Brubaker, he’ll get two in the back of the head. This issue also feature some cool guest-appearances from other Marvel Heroes, Captain America of course shows up, and both Wolverine and Hawkeye find out that Bucky is still alive. I wonder if Hawkeye knowing is set up for Winter Soldier to join the Secret Avengers? That would be very cool, but he’s probably just there because he’s very close to Black Widow. But then where were Iron Man and Daredevil? The best scene in this issue was the one where Bucky was at the punching bag and remembering a happy moment with Natasha in Paris, it was drawn beautifully by Guice, and it was just very emotional. This is the kind of story Brubaker is best at, superhero stories with real emotional heft to them.

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 86 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: Winter Soldier #10 (I like the rain Spoilers)

Postby Chris » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:25 pm

Best Marvel book right now.

This book is better than Bru's first 25 issues on Cap.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand