Advertisement

New Avengers #30 (Because we're both black Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

New Avengers #30 (Because we're both black Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:01 pm

This final AvX tie-in for New Avengers is, in a character sense, a sequel to the first one. Heavily focused in on Luke Cage, and his choice between being an Avenger or his family. In the end, Luke chooses Jessica and Baby Danielle, but I’m not sure how long it can last Will he still be around for Bendis’ final arc? In many ways, his leaving makes sense, he’s been a presence and main character for all of Bendis’ Avengers, so their runs ending at the same time would be very appropriate. But maybe Hickman has something planned. The centrepiece of this issue was a fight between the New Avengers and a bunch of Purifiers who were out to get a now depowered and imprisoned Emma Frost. This fight was enjoyable, with some nice one-liners from the likes of the Thing, Daredevil and Mockingbird, but it’s real purpose was for Luke to have his revelation about what choice to make. Fights like these have to mean something more than just a punch-up, and this one did. I also really enjoyed the opening scene with Luke and Daredevil chatting in the back of the van, with Emma Frost chipping in, classic Bendis dialogue there. Oh man, his run is almost ending, it’s crazy, he’s been on Avengers so long, it’s gonna be a weird feeling not having a Bendis Avengers book to read each month. But luckily, he’s going out on a string of good issues.

Advertisement

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Re: New Avengers #30 (Because we're both black Spoilers)

Postby habitual » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:04 pm

I really thought this was a bad comic.

How many times have we seen Cage and Jessica have this conversation now?

I hope Luke's vacation is permanent.

Hab

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand