Advertisement

Superboy #0 (Abomination! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Superboy #0 (Abomination! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Perhaps due to the fact that I was reading it without also reading Teen Titans, and also probably due to other facts, Superboy has been a very uneven title. Characters and villains have appeared from and disappeared to nowhere, and the setting of the title has veered wildly. This Zero issue however attempts to make some sense of what’s been going on with the book, and it sort of works. The issue is mainly narrated by the villain ‘Harvest’ who as I said before, showed up out of nowhere, and reveals how he manipulated the events of the last 12 issues. This includes revisiting scenes from #1 and #2 and others. Do we know who the heck this Harvest guy is? How does he know so much about Kryptonian History? It doesn’t matter I suppose, because those scenes, with the original ‘Kon’ were the highlights of this comic. We are slowly being fed information about the Krypton of the New 52, and it’s very interesting to me. I like that clones are a controversial issue for Kryptonians, and you can tell that, unlike some other New 52 books, the writers have a plan, the stuff here lines up with what happened in Supergirl. One other thing, the lengths they are going to avoid saying that Superboy is half Lex Luthor is ridiculous, we all know it already!

Advertisement

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 388 posts

Re: Superboy #0 (Abomination! Spoilers)

Postby Draco x » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Agreed right here.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 417 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:37 am

Harvest has some very top-secret info on the Legionnaires, and a time-bubble and tech from their era. I suspect based on his appearance that he might be
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Gates
who later mutates or evolves or something.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 417 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:40 pm

Punchy wrote: I like that clones are a controversial issue for Kryptonians, and you can tell that, unlike some other New 52 books, the writers have a plan, the stuff here lines up with what happened in Supergirl. One other thing, the lengths they are going to avoid saying that Superboy is half Lex Luthor is ridiculous, we all know it already!

An interesting and mysterious tie-in to today's Supergirl #0 now brings these points up again !
Things may not be as clear cut as we thought :shock: 8)
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand