Advertisement

The Shade #12 (At last! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

The Shade #12 (At last! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:29 pm

The final issue of The Shade maxi-series shows us the long-awaited truth of the character’s origins, and in true Robinson fashion, it actually left me wanting to know more. What is the nature of Scathach? And why did it effect Richard Swift in the way that it did? I suppose it’s good that Robinson has left some mysteries, I do feel that Shade would be less interesting if we knew the whole truth. And tellingly, the title of this story is ‘Family Ties Part 1’, when and where will we see Part 2? As it is, this story filled in some important gaps about who Richard Swift was, what his job was, his family, and also how he met the evil Dwarf that is Simon Culp, and then, how he became The Shade. It was great to have Gene Ha, the artist of the first Shade mini-series return to draw this issue, and he did his usual fantastic, detailed job. I especially liked how his Charles Dickens actually resembled the young author. This was a great conclusion to a great series, I hope Robinson has more to come, but if not, it was a very enjoyable return to his side of the DC Universe, even if Jack Knight didn’t show up.

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 247 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: The Shade #12 (At last! Spoilers)

Postby Zechs » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:02 pm

Best DC book out period. Pity this was only a mini.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 117 posts

Re: The Shade #12 (At last! Spoilers)

Postby MrBlack » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:10 pm

Family Ties Part II and III were issues 8 and 5. Sorry to disappoint Punchy.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand