Advertisement

Grifter #0 (This feels off Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Grifter #0 (This feels off Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:26 pm

OK, now I’m fucking confused. Whilst this issue was a lot more like the Grifter character I knew from the Wildstorm of old, hanging out with Team 7 and all that, it bore very little resemblance to the take on the character that Edmondson introduced in #1, who seemed to be just a conman, not a Government operative. Is this the quickest retcon ever or was I just not paying attention the first issue? Maybe that was the point, that this Warick guy kept making him lose his memory and he keeps repeating himself? I guess this explains where he got the Grifter mask though. This whole thing is a wee bit of a continuity mess isn’t it? I heard that Team 7 #0 was actually good, was it? I may have to check that out to see if it explains what’s going on. It was cool to see Lynch again though, he’s a favourite of mine thanks to Sleeper. Does anyone have any guesses as to who the mysterious ‘Warick’ is? A Daemonite? I have no clue.

Advertisement

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 399 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Re: Grifter #0 (This feels off Spoilers)

Postby Herald » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Wait, you expected proper continuity??!!

BWAHAHA!!! :lol:

Didn't you get the memo?? All you're supposed to care about is how "New 52!!" everything is, and how that makes it "Cool!!"

Proper storytelling, which includes proper continuity?? You ask TOO MUCH!! Don't you know we rebooted everything to get AWAY from continuity concerns??!!

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 433 posts

Postby Draco x » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:45 pm

Herald wrote:Wait, you expected proper continuity??!!

BWAHAHA!!! :lol:

Didn't you get the memo?? All you're supposed to care about is how "New 52!!" everything is, and how that makes it "Cool!!"

Proper storytelling, which includes proper continuity?? You ask TOO MUCH!! Don't you know we rebooted everything to get AWAY from continuity concerns??!!

Herald speaks sooth here. Seriously though, I wish Jim Lee and co would get the memo that the Wildstorm characters will never work in the DC Universe and need to go back to their own soon.

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:02 pm

draco x wrote:
Herald speaks sooth here. Seriously though, I wish Jim Lee and co would get the memo that the Wildstorm characters will never work in the DC Universe and need to go back to their own soon.

I'm curious to see the sales of Wildstorm-characters-in-the-DCU compared to Wildstorm-characters-in-their-own-universe. I'd also like to know what level of sales is acceptable for DC to continue with this.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:14 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
I'm curious to see the sales of Wildstorm-characters-in-the-DCU compared to Wildstorm-characters-in-their-own-universe. I'd also like to know what level of sales is acceptable for DC to continue with this.

It's not even about sales where I am concerned but it's just that the characters are going to get watered down and marginalized in favor their DC counterparts. If you keep them in their own reality, then they can stand on their own and not play second fiddle to Batman, Superman, etc. What they could have done is have the Wildstorm Universe be a part of the New 52 Universe with the characters statying in their own universe.

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Happy Pony Day!

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:17 pm

draco x wrote:
It's not even about sales where I am concerned but it's just that the characters are going to get watered down and marginalized in favor their DC counterparts. If you keep them in their own reality, then they can stand on their own and not play second fiddle to Batman, Superman, etc. What they could have done is have the Wildstorm Universe be a part of the New 52 Universe with the characters statying in their own universe.

Oh, I get that. I'm just curious to see what level of sales is still "worth" watering down the characters, if that makes sense.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:05 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
Oh, I get that. I'm just curious to see what level of sales is still "worth" watering down the characters, if that makes sense.

Well to better answer your question, the answer would be not worth much. Voo Doo just got cancelled and the fates of Grifter and Stormwatch are up in the air. Team 7 and the rumored Wildcats book are also not going to last as long in the New 52 as they did at Wildstorm.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 308 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:25 am

Yeah Mr "OH MY GOT I JUST MURDERED SOMEONE" is now revealed to be a stone cold killer from an old black ops group.

Last time the character was used right was in 3.0. Then Worldstorm hit and it boiled over into this shitfest.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Postby Draco x » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:42 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Yeah Mr "OH MY GOT I JUST MURDERED SOMEONE" is now revealed to be a stone cold killer from an old black ops group.

Last time the character was used right was in 3.0. Then Worldstorm hit and it boiled over into this shitfest.

This right here.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand