Advertisement

American Vampire: Lord Of Nightmares #4 (Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 54 posts
Title: Shitlord

American Vampire: Lord Of Nightmares #4 (Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:24 am

This issue was great in that it revealed the origin of Agent Hobbes. He was a young British Police Officer in 1917 who came into contact with Dracula, and, under his influence, killed his wife and son. That’s very dark stuff, and not only does it add even more evil to what is already a brilliant take on Dracula (and we haven’t even seen him yet! I wonder if we will at all), but it imbues Hobbes with a very strong motivation to join the VMS and to hate Vampires. He’s become one of my favourite characters in the American Vampire Universe, which probably means he’ll die in #5 like Cashel did. The artwork from Dustin Nguyen was excellent, I loved the aerial shot of the train-tracks and the corpse with blood trailing off, very cool.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand