Wednesday, May 25, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Voted best hair in high school."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

American Vampire: Lord Of Nightmares #4 (Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:24 am

This issue was great in that it revealed the origin of Agent Hobbes. He was a young British Police Officer in 1917 who came into contact with Dracula, and, under his influence, killed his wife and son. That’s very dark stuff, and not only does it add even more evil to what is already a brilliant take on Dracula (and we haven’t even seen him yet! I wonder if we will at all), but it imbues Hobbes with a very strong motivation to join the VMS and to hate Vampires. He’s become one of my favourite characters in the American Vampire Universe, which probably means he’ll die in #5 like Cashel did. The artwork from Dustin Nguyen was excellent, I loved the aerial shot of the train-tracks and the corpse with blood trailing off, very cool.

leave a comment with facebook