Advertisement

Spider-Men #5 *Spoilers*

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 138 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Spider-Men #5 *Spoilers*

Postby Zechs » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:06 pm

A somewhat disappointing ending after such an emotional roller-coaster the last issue was. The issue is just one long fight with Mysterio that shouldn't even last as long as it had. I mean seriously, two Spider-Men, the Ultimates, Fury, and S.H.I.E.L.D. they couldn't have detained him quicker?

The other disappointing facts are well.. first off Mysterio not ONCE wore his fish bowl head during all of this. WTF?! How can you have a Mysterio story and not have him wear the fish bowl throughout it? I MEAN COME ON!!! IT'S MYSTERIO!! Also Bendis did nothing with him knowing he was Peter Parker. No amusing quirk scene of him remembering or anything. Just.. "Meh he's Peter Parker and he can stay trapped in a world were Peter Parker is dead." I kind of wanted more.

Add to it he's taken off the board in 616. Ultimate Fury decides he knows too much and will keep him imprisoned in the Ultimate Universe. Which means the best villain Dan Slott has written during his run is taken off his board. :smt013 Hopefully though this turns out to be Beckhart or a robot that took the fall. I want more Slott written Mysterio!!!

Really the best parts of the issue are Miles as he for a brief moment is in the 616 universe and him beating lending the final blow on Mysterio. Pete on the other hand.. well Bendis just goes into Bendis overdrive with too much gabbing and not enough emotion to carry over. We don't really see the impact this will have on Pete other the end when he finds out who 616 Miles is.

Overall this mini was disappointing, but the little moments were so damn good (i.e. Ultimate May and Gwen meeting 616 Pete and Ultimate MJ watching Pete from a distance).

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Advertisement

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 57 posts

Re: Spider-Men #5 *Spoilers*

Postby doombug » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:33 pm

Really awesome mini with a really fun end tease. 8)

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:40 pm

doombug wrote:Really awesome mini with a really fun end tease. 8)

I dunno the issue was a downer for me. Though we the reader already know a Miles Morales exists in 616. I forgot were but he showed up either in Spider-Island or someplace else.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Agent Panic
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Stranger Danger

Postby Agent Panic » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:05 pm

It was a pretty decent mini and I didn't know about Miles being in the 616 before, so I particularly liked the ending.

And Peter Parker likes some short, short towels, don't he?
Do you know what the most frightening thing in the world is?
It's fear.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 47 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:05 am

One of the best comics of 2012 (and I really do mean that) comes to an end, and what a great end. Miles and Peter take down Mysterio fairly easily in the end, although I did like that it was Miles who beat him in the end, chasing him into the 616 Universe. In the end, the two Spideys part ways in touching circumstances, with Peter giving Miles plenty of sage (and funny) advice, such as don’t let yourself get cloned or let your Aunt marry Doctor Octopus. I wonder what Peter’s most important lesson was though? I guess it works better if we never found out, keep it open for a potential sequel! Speaking of sequels, the final page of this issue was a fantastic teaser, as Peter googles to see if there is a Miles Morales in his universe, and all we get is an ‘Oh My God’. What did he see? I’m on tenterhooks. My only real complaint about this issue was that we didn’t get to see a meeting between Peter and Ultimate Mary Jane, but that’s a small thing, apart from that, this was just brilliant, and put rest my fears about a 616/Ultimate Crossover. It worked really well, and was in no way a sign that Marvel have run out of ideas, because this was a good comic in every way. Pichelli’s art was brilliant once again, I can’t wait to see her return to the main book. This was a superb celebration of the world’s best superhero in his 50th year, and will probably go down as one of my favourite Spider-Man stories. High praise indeed, but I just loved this.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 139 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:21 am

Sorry Zechs but I liked it as well.

The only bad part is that it ended. :cry:

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 54 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:25 pm

Issue #4 was the highlight, but this was a nice little mini. Would love to see a sequel or something.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:01 pm

GOSD wrote:Sorry Zechs but I liked it as well.

The only bad part is that it ended. :cry:

It's Mysterio. He should be owned hard by all heroes involved. Also no fish bowl!!!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!! :P

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 130 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Punchy wrote:In the end, the two Spideys part ways in touching circumstances, with Peter giving Miles plenty of sage (and funny) advice, such as don’t let yourself get cloned or let your Aunt marry Doctor Octopus. I wonder what Peter’s most important lesson was though? I guess it works better if we never found out, keep it open for a potential sequel!

I thought Peter did that on purpose to be funny. I know I laughed. :-D

I have no idea who the 616 Miles is though.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 169 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:28 pm

I have to admit it was a nice hook to end it with "Who is 6161 Miles Morales?". When I read that I googled it and this is all I came up with:
http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/3912172.html

It was a fun book. Not some big epic cosmic story that you'd expect from a crossover but I think the book benefited from the personal tone.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 130 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:49 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:I have to admit it was a nice hook to end it with "Who is 6161 Miles Morales?". When I read that I googled it and this is all I came up with:
http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/3912172.html

It was a fun book. Not some big epic cosmic story that you'd expect from a crossover but I think the book benefited from the personal tone.

Well that explains why I didnt know it. Never read that book.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand