Advertisement

Dark Avengers #181 (Don't faze me none Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Dark Avengers #181 (Don't faze me none Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:03 am

The story gets a little clearer with this issue, as we find out that Wender is a twin, and that the plan FACT had was to steal Sharzhad’s forcefield and use it to reinforce the prison, which is a pretty good scheme really. Of course, it’s all going wrong and it’s going to lead to the post-apocalyptic future the Thunderbolts are stuck in, but what are you gonna do? Parker once again juggles his two different timelines expertly, and things are really coming to a head now in both eras. The best scenes in this issue were Mach V being a total bad-ass for the first time in ages, and confirmation of the return of the Juggernaut. I wonder how powerful Cain Marko is right now? He was stripped of the Cytorrak Power, but isn’t he still a mutant? I dunno. There’s a lot going on (maybe too much) in this title right now, but it’s exciting, and I can’t wait to see how everything lands after the inevitable explosion. I’m also interested to see how this all leads into Way’s new book with Rulk and Venom and all them.

Advertisement

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Re: Dark Avengers #181 (Don't faze me none Spoilers)

Postby chap22 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:31 am

unless i missed a retcon somewhere, Cain was never a mutant. his powers were purely magical.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 225 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:49 am

Ultimate Cain is a mutant, but I also thought that 616 Cain is human
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:39 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Ultimate Cain is a mutant, but I also thought that 616 Cain is human

he is

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:49 pm

Yeah, he's a regular human that found the stuff so he could gain power, his powers were 100% magic.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 163 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:57 pm

I believe the explanation they go with is that Cain was the Juggernaut for so long he retains some residual power. Then again I'm using Chuck Austen's logic.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:58 pm

Punchy wrote:I’m also interested to see how this all leads into Way’s new book with Rulk and Venom and all them.

Forgot to add, Dark Avengers continues into Marvel NOW doesn't it? At least thats what the solicits show.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:51 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
Forgot to add, Dark Avengers continues into Marvel NOW doesn't it? At least thats what the solicits show.

Yeah, it does, but the Thunderbolts name is going to be used elsewhere, is Rulk's team related to this one or not?

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:15 am

nope, just thought you were saying that this book will be responsible for way's rulk book.

i hope not :lol:

Agent Panic
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Stranger Danger

Postby Agent Panic » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:44 am

I have to admit, I've been bored with this book since the Dark Avengers arrived. I thought it would be interesting but even this latest future scenario with future Luke Cages and the Dark Avengers fighting some magic guy is just kind of boring me. I'm dropping it after this month, but I wish Parker well. His Tbolts run, as a whole, has been pretty damn great.
Do you know what the most frightening thing in the world is?
It's fear.

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:47 am

Agent Panic wrote:I have to admit, I've been bored with this book since the Dark Avengers arrived. I thought it would be interesting but even this latest future scenario with future Luke Cages and the Dark Avengers fighting some magic guy is just kind of boring me. I'm dropping it after this month, but I wish Parker well. His Tbolts run, as a whole, has been pretty damn great.

My thoughts exactly

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 287 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:56 pm

Agent Panic wrote:I have to admit, I've been bored with this book since the Dark Avengers arrived. I thought it would be interesting but even this latest future scenario with future Luke Cages and the Dark Avengers fighting some magic guy is just kind of boring me. I'm dropping it after this month, but I wish Parker well. His Tbolts run, as a whole, has been pretty damn great.

Same here, but I'm going to wait until then end of the current story -- I think November will be my last issue. I'm still interested enough in the old Thunderbolts members that I want to see how this story ends. I come to realize that I have no interest in the Dark Avengers themselves. Once the focus shifts totally onto those characters I'm sadly done with this series for the first time since the Fightbolts period..

I also wish the series and the people involved well, but it'll have to go on without me.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand