Advertisement

The Ultimates #15 (Roger, Rogers Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

The Ultimates #15 (Roger, Rogers Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:07 am

Even though the ‘Captain America becomes President’ plotline had been spoiled for me by the Mainstream Media, this was still a pretty crazy issue, and the ending was damn cool. The opening scene of this issue, a news report, was actually very helpful exposition, as it explained just what is going on all across America and which areas are most fucked. It was also good to see Cap liaise with Nick Fury here and link things up with X-Men, because up until now, this hasn’t seemed like a unified event at all, each Ultimate book has been off doing it’s own thing, but now it all sort of makes sense. The story with Morez continues to intrigue, now he’s stirring things up with Hydra, which is promising. I really enjoyed the action scenes in this issue once again. There have been some pretty big problems in Sam Humphries’ run so far, but he and his artists have pretty much always nailed the action stuff, every character got something to do, and it was all very well-told. Seeing Cap do so many bad-ass things made it plausible enough that he’d be voted President. I’m a bit conflicted about this storyline really, it sounds dumb, but it could be cool. Let’s just hope it lasts longer than when Iron Man was Secretary Of Defence. It’s also cool that we only have to wait a week for the next instalment, roll on #16 for the inauguration! Oh yeah, and Tony and his magic tumor are still brilliantly weird, so strange.

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 159 posts

Re: The Ultimates #15 (Roger, Rogers Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:18 pm

I guessed that he would be in charge a while ago but I thought it was gonna be a coup instead. This is a pretty damn good book.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand