Advertisement

Supergirl #0 (Why are you wearing that symbol? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Supergirl #0 (Why are you wearing that symbol? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:04 am

Most of this issue was pretty much the standard Supergirl origin, Krypton is about to be destroyed, so Zor-El follows his brother’s lead and sends his daughter off into space to save her. We’ve seen it all before a billion times. But Green and Johnson managed to find some new wrinkles to this story, including one really amazing WTF moment that is messing with my brain. But more on that later. I liked how this book handled the relationship between Jor-El and Zor-El, with them not speaking to each other. The weird politics of Krypton have always been interesting to me, and this played into that, with Zor-El pushing the boundaries of what is considered right. Was the fact that Zor-El created the Worldbreakers something we already knew or is it a new detail? Either way, it was cool to see one of them in the background. This issue also answered the mystery of ‘who shot Zor-El’, as we find out that it is Alura, his wife. But how did she get there? This is the WTF I mentioned earlier, she is warned of what Zor is planning by… Superboy. How the hell did this happen? Has Superboy time-travelled? Or is this not Superboy at all? Is it a clone? My mind hurts with this little scene, and it really does elevate this issue above just another origin story. What does it all mean? I wonder if he’ll show up in next week’s Superman #0? The art from Asrar was very good, his depiction of Krypton was very strong once again, this book continues to be solid, and if the writers can make this Superboy appearance make sense, it could be reaching for the next level.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 553 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Supergirl #0 (Why are you wearing that symbol? Spoilers)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:21 pm

In a previous issue it showed that the World-Killers had been experimented on in some hidden Kryptonian lab that was in a far corner of space. It was suggested that Kryptonians scavenged tech from other worlds for their own use. For example, the force-shield that Zor-El used to protect Argo was based on Brainiac's tech.

I read this issue as that Zor-El used what they learned from the World-Killer experiments and used that tech on Kara to give her powers. Back when Kara fought the World-Killers they told her that when they awoke from stasis that they found 5 stasis-tubes but there were only 4 of them. They assumed that meant that there was a 5th World-Killer but now it looks like that was the tube that Zor used for Kara.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand