Advertisement

DC Announces MULTIVERSITY Is Coming!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 356 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:05 pm

Each world in the Multiverse publishes comic books about the heroes on the OTHER worlds. Once the characters realize this, they then unite to respond to the villains!

Source: DC Blog

DC Entertainment has confirmed that Grant Morrison’s labor of love to superhero comics, MULTIVERSITY, will be hitting stores in late 2013. The series will not only define the Multiverse for DC COMICS-THE NEW 52, but will also provide a handful of new worlds, concepts, heroes and villains to enjoy.

Speaking to THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER, Morrison describes the mini--series:

MULTIVERSITY is an 8-issue series comprising 6 one-shots and a two-part conclusion with each issue featuring a 38-page lead story followed by an 8-page backup. Each issue takes place on a different parallel world from the main DC Earth and functions as a number one issue. Each world in the Multiverse publishes comic books about the heroes on the OTHER worlds. Once the characters realize this, they then unite to respond to the villains!

Each universe (which have been brewing in Morrison’s mind for years) will open up an endless series of worlds and realities for future writers and creators to use and hopefully expand upon.

Below is a preview of MULTIVERSITY art from PAX AMERICANA #1. Illustrated by the legendary Frank Quitely, PAX AMERICANA takes the original Charlton Comics characters and presents them in a way that’s "both new and familiar at the same time".

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 715 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: DC Announces MULTIVERSITY Is Coming!

Postby e_galston » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:25 pm

wow... they've been "announcing" this is coming for like 4 years...

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:48 pm

Ted Kord!

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 231 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Can it be as successful as the Nu52 without the rape foundation?

Hab

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 214 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:05 pm

LOLtron wrote:   Below is a preview of MULTIVERSITY art from PAX AMERICANA #1. Illustrated by the legendary Frank Quitely, PAX AMERICANA takes the original Charlton Comics characters and presents them in a way that’s "both new and familiar at the same time".  

Meaning it's the Charlton characters acting like the Watchmen characters which were based on the Charlton characters.

/Victor Victoria'd

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Herald
Fagorstorm

Liked in: 405 posts
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!

Postby Herald » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:23 pm

Yeah, this sure took awhile to come out!

The Nacireman wrote:Meaning it's the Charlton characters acting like the Watchmen characters which were based on the Charlton characters.

/Victor Victoria'd

So, just like that last Captain Atom series, then...

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 273 posts

Postby doombug » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:28 pm

Punchy wrote:Ted Kord!

He looks pretty badass too 8)

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 214 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:48 pm

I kind of hope there's a Gorilla Earth, where Gorilla-Flash has to stop Man-Grodd.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:17 pm

I have all the faith in the world that this will be terrible. The "legacy earth" idea especially sounds like shit.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 638 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:26 pm

I love the DC Universe and it's Multiverse.

Grant Morrison on the other hand. :roll:

So the basic plot is that characters realize they're just characters somewhere else. I think Morrison has been smoking issues of his Animal Man #5.

Looking at the lemonade side of things, at least this is supposed to be Morrison's swan song (isn't it)?

Lord Ice
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Deviant by design

Postby Lord Ice » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:50 pm

Herald wrote:Yeah, this sure took awhile to come out!

They had to wait until after the reboot so that this will look good in comparison.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:16 pm

I'm game.

iF: This sounds to me to be very similar in structure to Seven Soldiers. You see to like this style of an opening and closing issue with a bunch of one-shots in the middle. What do you get to do in that format that you can’t do in just a straight mini-series?
GM: Well, I also like having lots of number ones. [Laughs] There’s a really upfront commercial reason for doing these things, but also I kind of like weird structures, you know? And with something like Seven Soldiers, where we had a team who don’t meet each other but whose paths cross, we were kind of creating this big tapestry of all those books. This one’s a bit more linear but it’s done in the form of… it’s almost like a baton race or a relay race where each of the worlds can read a comic book that’s published in their world but which tells the adventures of the previous world. The characters are actually reading the series along with the readers. So that was the kind of take on this one. The structure that I had was to build a framing story and then have each of the different worlds referring to what happened in the previous world and having to figure out their own way of defeating the bad guy. But like I say, I kind of like to do odd structures and that’s just how this one worked out. And it came about that way because of the original parallel worlds story where The Flash meets the Golden Age Flash and I loved the idea that Barry Allen knew about Jay Garrick because he read about him in a comic book. So that kind of set up the whole premise of these guys all have comics published and they can all read about each other in different parallel Earths. So I thought, how would you use that as a strategy if you’re fighting an enemy who is attacking multiple parallel worlds all at one? And that kind of formed my take on this.

http://ifanboy.com/articles/interview-g ... itely-art/

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 462 posts

Postby Draco x » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:41 pm

This sounds way more interesting than most of the New 52 stuff so far.

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 103 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:18 pm

Amoebas wrote:I love the DC Universe and it's Multiverse.

Grant Morrison on the other hand. :roll:

So the basic plot is that characters realize they're just characters somewhere else. I think Morrison has been smoking issues of his Animal Man #5.

Looking at the lemonade side of things, at least this is supposed to be Morrison's swan song (isn't it)?

omg that smoking issues of animal man made me laugh

Drcharles
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Drcharles » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:42 pm

Hype,

got my doubts..........................

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oh and a pic of ben affleck playing a blind matt is enough to make me not take you seriously.....

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand