Advertisement

Hit-Girl #3 (Strong opinion on Selena Gomez Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Hit-Girl #3 (Strong opinion on Selena Gomez Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:32 am

I’m pretty much desensitized to the Kick-Ass franchise’s disturbing level of violence by now, so to me, the best elements of this issue were Mindy’s attempts to fit in at school, at first by putting on make-up, and then by resorting to threats. It was a great skewering of teenage girls from Millar, and very funny. The story of Red Mist/Mother Fucker is also interesting, in Kick-Ass 2 he was a hardcore bastard, but so far in this ‘midquel’, he’s still a fuck-up loser, I’m guessing this book will end with him killing his various uncles. Romita Jnr’s artwork is as impressive as ever, I really do think the various Kick-Asses are his best work, with plenty of good action, humour and of course, guts. I do still find myself enjoying this series less than the others due to the lack of jeopardy that comes with it’s bridge status.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand