Advertisement

Invincible #95 (Let's finish this! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Invincible #95 (Let's finish this! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:42 am

This issue featured the longest Robot and Monster Girl Flaxan section yet, and it was very interesting indeed. I really enjoyed the way Kirkman played with the differences between aging and time in different dimensions, and the huge amount of change the characters went through in such a short space of time (to them) was amazing, we got to see a rise and fall and rise and all of that stuff in double-quick time. I did find the idea that Monster Girl being a bi-sexual and being the father of a Flaxan a bit odd though, it seemed like Kirkman did it just to titillate, why couldn’t she just have slept with a male Flaxan? But then I guess if she was the one who got pregnant, then she couldn’t have not know about the kid. It’s a puzzler, I also got annoyed at the scene where Monster Girl was amazed by her big boobs. I know I normally find people complaining about sexism and stuff like that in comics to be dumb, but stuff like this, and the scene where Atom Eve admitted she made her boobs bigger with her powers, are just childish and boorish. Kirkman is better than that basically, but it’s only a minor thing, I’m not going to write a long Tumblr rant about it or anything, because the big ideas in this arc over-power the goofiness of that by a long way.

Advertisement

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 359 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Re: Invincible #95 (Let's finish this! Spoilers)

Postby GOSD » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:48 am

I'm just waiting for this story to end.

I've been bored to tears reading it.

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 167 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:09 am

I'm digging this story arc, but I'd can't wait to get back to the title character and see what Mark is up to.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 359 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:21 am

oogy wrote:I'm digging this story arc, but I'd can't wait to get back to the title character and see what Mark is up to.

Exactly.

Monster Girl and Robot are good in short bursts. Not 3 or 4 full issues. :smt011

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand