Advertisement

Gambit #3 (Femme de mystere Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Gambit #3 (Femme de mystere Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:02 pm

Remy LaBeau’s Sexy Adventures continue as he and his mysterious female companion head to Guatemala for witty banter and giant spiders. I’m really enjoying this book, it’s taking a character like Gambit outside of his usual wheelhouse, which is X-Men related stuff, and having a lot of fun with it. If anything, this issue reminded me of Indiana Jones, what with all the mysterious caves and stuff. Clay Mann’s artwork is still amazing, I really like his style, and even though he didn’t do the whole issue, the fill-in pages came from the equally excellent Leonard Kirk, who kicked a lot of ass on a double page spread of Gambit discovering new abilities thanks to the weird starfish thingy. This is just a fun book really, Asmus’ take on the title character is a lot of fun, you don’t know what’s coming next and the whole package is just cool. I’m excited to find out what the deal is with these relics in #4, and I hope that this book is selling decently enough. Even though it’s X-related, I feel like it’s flying under the radar.

Advertisement

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 390 posts

Re: Gambit #3 (Femme de mystere Spoilers)

Postby Draco x » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:45 pm

As much as I like Gambit, his solo books never really do well in the long run for some reason.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 10 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:54 pm

This hasn't been too bad. I like the chick, hopefully she will be sticking around as a main supporting character.

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 390 posts

Postby Draco x » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:14 pm

True. She is basically Gambit with tits and lipstick. Seeing as how they fucked up the Remy/ Rogue dynamic, she could be a nice replacement as a love interest for him.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand