Hello, I'm P.H. Dillard, author of "Isaac". Currently that book is being adapted to graphic novel format and we are running a kickstarter project to get things off the ground. Below is a description of the project and story. If you would like to help in exchange for some cool stuff, then visit
Should an angel kill an innocent human, he or she is cast out from Heaven forever, and forced to roam the Earth as a vampire. Isaac is one such creature, and the most powerful of his kind. Aside from the far-from-angelic life he now has to deal with, and the sudden return of his ex-lover Ashara, he is also handed the burden of saving the world. When a rebel group of vampires concocts a scheme to free the angel Lucifer from Hell, so they can get back into Heaven, it is up to Isaac and his best friend Cylence, to stop them. If they can't, does Isaac have what it takes to kill the devil?
This project is for the funding of the adaptation of the Isaac novel to a full blown graphic novel. This is an exquisite story that provides a new and refreshing take on the mythos of angels, vampires, and Lucifer. With clean artwork, writing that is uncommonly great for the comics medium, professional cover design, down-to-earth professional and dedicated creators, and the planned international grass roots distribution, this is sure to become a cult classic that you will not only want to own, but be involved in.
This isn't a blood gushing gore book, nor is it the "brooding, in love with a teenage girl" story that has become so common. This is a piece of literature being brought to life visually, and is sure to appeal to fans of comics/graphic novels and "serious" readers alike. You will not be disappointed.
We aren't skimping on the rewards here either. The first 3 tiers will be sent out in January. The others that invovle the actual finished product will go out in early May (hopefully sooner, but due to how seriously we are taking this, and everything invovled, we would rather set a later date and surprise you early, if possible, instead of setting a deadline we can't meet). Also, if by some miracle, funding goes over $10,000, everyone on all tiers will recieve a download of the Isaac soundtrack, which will feature some of the best artists in independent underground music.
Funding will be used for:
1. Printing of the book and promotional materials (you get your copies before anyone else does)
2. Professional ebook conversion
3. Professional cover design
4. Shipping/distribution costs
I, the writer (P.H. Dillard) and the artist (Joe Sedivy) thank you for taking the time to look at our listing, and we greatly appreciate any help you can offer. For some reason we can get the rewards list to work, so here's what you get.
1. $3: This level gets you a thanks on the website and the Team Isaac web badge.
2. $6: This level gets you a thanks on the website, the web badge, and an ebook copy of the original Isaac novella (that the graphic novel is being adapted from).
3. $10: This level gets you the website thanks, web badge, Isaac novella ebook, and the ebook version of the Isaac graphic novel.
4. $15: This level gets you the website thanks, web badge, Isaac novella ebook, and one copy of the graphic novel.
5. $20: This level gets you the website thanks, web badge, the Isaac novella ebook, Isaac graphic novel ebook, and an autographed copy of the graphic novel.
6. $25: This level gets you the website thanks, web badge, Isaac novella ebook, Isaac graphic novel ebook, autographed graphic novel, and your name in the book's thank you section.
7. $50: This level gets you the website thanks, web badge, Isaac novella ebook, Isaac graphic novel ebook, 2 autogrpahed graphic novels, your name in the book, and one Isaac poster.
8. $75: This is the ultimate package, limited to very few. You get the website thanks, web badge, Isaac novella ebook, Isaac graphic novel ebook, 3 copies of the Isaac graphic novel, your name in the book, an autographed poster, and a limited edition cd copy of BRUISER-a gothic rap album by none other than Isaac's best friend and co-star, Cylence.
Joe (the artist) and myself are eternally grateful for any help you can give. Thanks.