Sunday, May 1, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We Wipe Last. Not Before."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Uncanny Avengers #2 Delayed

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:31 am

Uncanny Avengers #2 Delayed

The series will be delayed by two weeks.

Source: Bleeding Cool

Uncanny Avengers ended its "ship on time" streak at one issue, as Bleeding Cool is reporting that the new flagship Marvel series would be delayed by two weeks, pushing the second issue all the way out to the last week of November.  The series is written by Rick Remender and illustrated by John Cassaday, who took three years to illustrate Planetary #27 (although there were plenty of other mitigating factors involved in that case).

Whether or not this bodes well for Marvel remains unseen.  Some fanboys vowed that they'd wait 100 years to see what happens with new fan favorite Goat Head Girl while others immediately declared DC better due to its yearlong initiative of preventing book delays.  Whatever the consequence, one thing is for certain: Marvel has once again shown an inability to make the trains run on time. 

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:57 am

so, UA is the JL of Marvel NOW?

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:13 pm

GHERU wrote:so, UA is the JL of Marvel NOW?

Who was the Ultimates, who was the Planetary... I'm sensing a connection here...

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:03 pm

I am not the least bit shocked by this.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:13 pm

I'm shocked that I'm not shocked.

Johnny Smith

Expert Post Whore

Postby Johnny Smith » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:35 pm

Ha, this is too funny :lol:

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:46 pm

And to most who get their comics monthly, this won't really affect them. :wink:

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:46 pm

Why does Cassaday still get high profile monthly work?

If you want the big sales boost, bring him on for the first issue or something. Not a whole arc. Or even first two issues, as I'm sure this delay is more to do with building a buffer for the next couple issues, not that he's not even done with #2 yet..

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:35 am

bkthomson wrote:I am not the least bit shocked by this.

Yep. I love John Cassaday's work, but since that means I've read series where Cassaday's been on them, I'm not even the slightest bit surprised enough to blink twice.

With some of these guys, you can't even complain about it anymore. It's like Frank Cho on "Savage Wolverine." I mean, seriously. What, are people expecting more than one issue per year on that? When that first delay comes, no one should even pretend like they're upset.

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:57 am

ElijahSnowFan wrote:
Yep. I love John Cassaday's work, but since that means I've read series where Cassaday's been on them, I'm not even the slightest bit surprised enough to blink twice.

With some of these guys, you can't even complain about it anymore. It's like Frank Cho on "Savage Wolverine." I mean, seriously. What, are people expecting more than one issue per year on that? When that first delay comes, no one should even pretend like they're upset.

I believe Cho is on for one story arc. He claims to be half way done with issue #3 already. Saying all that, I still wouldn't be surprised if the book ran late.

leave a comment with facebook