Tuesday, May 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Brought to you by the lowest bidder!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Attack of the Show No More

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:52 pm

Attack of the Show No More

G4 will be ending production of the geek-friendly show this December.



Source: TV Guide

G4 has cancelled Attack of the Show and X-Play in an attempt to shift its programming towards a lifestyle channel focused on the modern male.  The channel informed employees today during meetings, although both shows will continue until the end of the year. 

Attack of the Show and X-Play have aired over 3000 episodes between them and have been the only televised source of geek culture news.  Attack of the Show helped launch Olivia Munn, Chris Hardwick and Kevin Pereira's careers and the two shows have provided live coverage for San Diego Comic Con and E3 over the last several years.

With AotS and X-Play ending, we'll see if Marvel's anime programming and other geek-friendly programming like Ninja Warrior will still have a home on G4.



Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter




READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Oh just what we need. More room for more episodes of Cheaters and Cops.
User avatar

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:21 pm

It's been nice knowing you G4.

The only reason I ever watched it anyway was to see Sara Jean Underwood.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:30 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:It's been nice knowing you G4.

The only reason I ever watched it anyway was to see Sara Jean Underwood.


Ditto. :cry:
User avatar

baggle

hobo killer

Postby baggle » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:39 pm

I got the cable tier that included G4 in June specifically so I could watch the E3 press conferences and other E3 coverage. I haven't watched much G4 since then, but it's weird to think of a G4 that won't include any gaming shows.

It's been 7+ years and I should give it up, but I'm still sad that Comcast/G4 took over TechTV and killed all the great programming on that channel, so the other side of me is glad to see what basically was G4 gone.
User avatar

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:40 pm

And G4's Network Decay is now complete. :smt011
User avatar

baggle

hobo killer

Postby baggle » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Kotaku's article: http://kotaku.com/5955278/crisis-at-g4- ... ource-says

The rumor is that the network will shift to something more like an "Esquire" or "GQ" channel. This aligns with reports that NBC Universal was looking to rebrand the channel as alifestyle network focused on "the modern male."


Ugh. Even being in their targeted demographic (it sure is nice to be wanted, I guess), I'll probably not be watching the result of their new direction.
User avatar

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:56 pm

GiveWarAChance wrote:It's been nice knowing you G4.

The only reason I ever watched it anyway was to see Sara Jean Underwood.


No denying that Sara Jean is pretty hot, but I always liked Candace Bailey better.

:smt007 :smt007 :smt007

Image
User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:17 pm

baggle wrote:I got the cable tier that included G4 in June specifically so I could watch the E3 press conferences and other E3 coverage. I haven't watched much G4 since then, but it's weird to think of a G4 that won't include any gaming shows.

It's been 7+ years and I should give it up, but I'm still sad that Comcast/G4 took over TechTV and killed all the great programming on that channel, so the other side of me is glad to see what basically was G4 gone.


Apparently, the reason why G4 and Tech TV merged was to save both channels. Still, Comcast has butchered the shit out of the channel. Instead of focusing on tech and games, it's been drifting into shit like Cheaters and Ninja Warrior. :?
User avatar

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:57 pm

GLX wrote:
Apparently, the reason why G4 and Tech TV merged was to save both channels. Still, Comcast has butchered the shit out of the channel. Instead of focusing on tech and games, it's been drifting into shit like Cheaters and Ninja Warrior. :?


At least Ninja Warrior can be considered a game. Crap like Cheaters and Cops don't belong anywhere near the network.
User avatar

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:42 pm

Wow, that really sucks. I have been enjoying the current guest co-host format and I will miss Candace Bailey, Sara Underwood, and Matt Mira.

Well, that's officially one less channel that I will be watching.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:11 pm

Pretty sure Chris Hardwick has been around since the 90's, so G4 didn't exactly launch his career.
User avatar

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:12 pm

baggle wrote:Kotaku's article: http://kotaku.com/5955278/crisis-at-g4- ... ource-says



Ugh. Even being in their targeted demographic (it sure is nice to be wanted, I guess), I'll probably not be watching the result of their new direction.


Yeah cause that's a brilliant idea. :roll: Marvel though must be sort of pissed a little. I wonder were they'll go with their anime outlet now?
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Zechs wrote:
Yeah cause that's a brilliant idea. :roll: Marvel though must be sort of pissed a little. I wonder were they'll go with their anime outlet now?


Maybe Marvel can start its own Marvel channel in a few years. It ought to have enough stuff for one by then.
User avatar

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:47 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
Maybe Marvel can start its own Marvel channel in a few years. It ought to have enough stuff for one by then.

Marvel already has a channel, it's called the Disney channel.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Earth-2 NoctourneM, Grayson, IvCNuB4, McMonkey Nut, MSNbot Media and 40 guests