Advertisement

Bryan Singer is Directing Next X-Men Film

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:19 pm

The movie director is returning to the comic franchise he helped start.

Source: Deadline

It's official: Bryan Singer is coming home.  Fox has closed a deal to have the popular director direct X-Men: First Class - Days of Future Past.  The director was reportedly on Fox's short list after Matthew Vaughn, who directed the last X-Men film, decided to pass on the sequel.  Vaughan will stay on as producer.  

Singer has been involved with resuscitating the X-Men movie franchise following the disastrous X3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine movies.  Singer was a producer for X-Men: First Class and helped write the treatment for the film.  Singer will finally get a chance to use those Sentinels he had planned to use in X3 before leaving the movie to direct Superman Returns.

And yes, I realize that X3 and the first Wolverine movie were both successful at the box office.  I don't care.  They were awful and you're awful too if you want to argue that the movie franchise was in great shape after those two films came out.  

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 0 post
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Re: Bryan Singer is Directing Next X-Men Film

Postby superfictious » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:28 pm

Comic fans seem to be down on him after one mediocre outing, but I think this is great if he's in X2 form.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby misac » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:31 pm

False Prophet wrote:Comic fans seem to be down on him after one mediocre outing, but I think this is great if he's in X2 form.

I kind of liked Superman Returns so I'm more pissed that he wasn't there to stop X3 from being terrible. :P

I'm glad he's doing it.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:35 pm

misac wrote:
I kind of liked Superman Returns so I'm more pissed that he wasn't there to stop X3 from being terrible. :P

I'm glad he's doing it.

I kind of liked it too, although I don't blame people for being underwhelmed.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:36 pm

X3 was a fucking travesty. Singer is the right man to bring this ship back on course :smt023
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 17 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:37 pm

False Prophet wrote:Comic fans seem to be down on him after one mediocre outing, but I think this is great if he's in X2 form.

Superman Returns was extremely disappointing, and Valkryie sucked.

X2 will be over 10 years ago by the time this movie is out, and he hasn't done anything good in that time. I don't think it's unreasonable to worry, especially given how fresh the franchise felt under a new director.

However, I am optimistic. First Class was awesome, and Days of Future Past is a great story.
Last edited by Chris on Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:38 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:X3 was a fucking travesty. Singer is the right man to bring this ship back on course :smt023

I thought First Class was fantastic, though. He doesn't have to save the franchise or anything, which is good.

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:40 pm

I kind of liked Valkyrie too. :smt102

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 17 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:14 pm

I have also read that Singer intends on bringing back some of the original X-Men cast to interact with the First Class cast. If this is true, then I really hope that he chooses to ignore X-Men 3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Bring Cyclops and Nightcrawler back for their connections to Havok and Azazel respectively, and you should also bring back the older versions of Mystique, Magneto, and Professor X. With another Wolverine movie getting ready to be released, I see no need to include Wolverine in this movie, nor do I see a need to bring Storm back.
ImageImageImage

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:41 pm

False Prophet wrote:
I thought First Class was fantastic, though. He doesn't have to save the franchise or anything, which is good.

True enough. I was venting on Ratner's cluster-fuck :lol: Hoping that this movie ties back to the first two X-Men movies and completely erases all events of X3.
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

PDH
rubber spoon

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby PDH » Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:43 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Singer's movies, especially the X-Men movies. I was really hoping for something more like First Class.

StaticVic
Mad Hatter

Title: Lavish Life style
Formerly: Teflon Don

Postby StaticVic » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:18 am

Sakie wrote:I have also read that Singer intends on bringing back some of the original X-Men cast to interact with the First Class cast. If this is true, then I really hope that he chooses to ignore X-Men 3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Bring Cyclops and Nightcrawler back for their connections to Havok and Azazel respectively, and you should also bring back the older versions of Mystique, Magneto, and Professor X. With another Wolverine movie getting ready to be released, I see no need to include Wolverine in this movie, nor do I see a need to bring Storm back.

No Storm? means No Halle Berry which also means a Huge disappointment at the Box Office lol
"I think they want us to come and find them." - Dr. Elizabeth Shaw

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:35 am

Sakie wrote:I have also read that Singer intends on bringing back some of the original X-Men cast to interact with the First Class cast. If this is true, then I really hope that he chooses to ignore X-Men 3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Bring Cyclops and Nightcrawler back for their connections to Havok and Azazel respectively, and you should also bring back the older versions of Mystique, Magneto, and Professor X. With another Wolverine movie getting ready to be released, I see no need to include Wolverine in this movie, nor do I see a need to bring Storm back.

There was an article on AICN a few weeks ago regarding Famke Jansen doing some scenes for the next Wolverine flick and some speculation that some of the seeds for DoFP are already being laid down.

Hab

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum