Advertisement

DC and Kia Unveil New Justice League Rides

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 276 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:22 pm

DC Comics and Kia Motors unveiled four more Justice League inspired vehicles yesterday in support of their WeCanBeHeroes collaboration.

Source: DC Comics Blog

Yesterday DC Comics unveiled four more of their [eight] one of a kind Justice League 'We Can Be Heroes' collaborations with Kia Motors at SEMA 2012 in Las Vegas. The combined fleet of superhero inspired rides are intended to aid Ethiopia, Somalia, and Kenya in combating the worst drought they've exerienced in 60yrs. Still unseen are the Superman, Wonder Woman and Team cars which are set to be showcased at auto shows and cons in coming months. But for now the public can behold the Flash, Green Lantern, Cyborg and Aquaman Kias joining the Batman Optima SX Limited that debuted two weeks ago in New York. All eight machines will feature original art by Jim Lee and are destined for auction on behalf of WeCanBeHeroes.org. Kia will additionally raise awareness for the charitable campaign via customized “We Can Be Heroes” license plates, signage, collateral materials and in-vehicle video displays.

* Note: See individual photos of the five current JL cars here @ SuperHeroHype.com

Excerpted from the official Press Release: (viewable in its detailed entirety here)

LAS VEGAS, October 30, 2012 –

Kia Motors America (KMA) and DC Entertainment kicked off the 2012 SEMA Show today in superhero style with five radical machines inspired by the members of the Justice League: The Flash Forte Koup, Aquaman Rio 5-door, Cyborg Forte 5-door, Green Lantern Soul and the previously unveiled Batman Optima.  Built by West Coast Customs, RIDES and Super Street, each of the vehicles feature custom artwork by legendary comic book artist and DC Entertainment Co-Publisher Jim Lee and are intended to raise awareness for DC Entertainment’s “We Can Be Heroes” giving campaign to help fight the hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa.  Each Justice League character was assigned to a specific Kia vehicle based on personality and key attributes to create these five iconic works of art on wheels.   

“Working together with DC Entertainment, West Coast Customs, RIDES and Super Street to create a fleet of superhero-inspired machines has been an incredible collaboration and the end result is five one-of-a-kind Justice League cars that bring each of these legendary comic book superheroes to life,” said Michael Sprague, executive vice president, marketing & communications, KMA.  “We are proud to be raising awareness for the ’We Can Be Heroes’ giving campaign and look forward to unveiling three more crime-fighting Kias at future auto shows and comic conventions as our 10-month partnership with DC Entertainment continues.”

”It was a thrill to see custom cars based upon my Justice League artwork and sketches revealed at SEMA,” stated Jim Lee, co-publisher of DC Entertainment. “I have to tip my hat to the teams at West Coast Customs, RIDES and Super Street on their innovative work creating cars that represent iconic characters like Green Lantern, Cyborg, Aquaman and The Flash – all to benefit a great cause, ‘We Can Be Heroes’, and I’d like to thank Kia Motors America for supporting ‘We Can Be Heroes’.”

{minipolls id="HeroCars" title="Which is your favorite We Can Be Heroes car so far?"} Batman||Cyborg||Aquaman||Flash||Green Lantern {/minipolls}

Written or Contributed by Nightfly

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 7 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Re: DC and Kia Unveil New Justice Leage Rides

Postby Chesscub » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:53 pm

Does the Aquaman car drive underwater?

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Re: DC and Kia Unveil New Justice League Rides

Postby Timbales » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:39 pm

the Flash car is pretty cool and I love that the Aquaman car has fins.
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 414 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: DC and Kia Unveil New Justice League Rides

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:48 pm

I like the Flash car also, but as far as resale value and something that I wouldn't be embarrassed still driving 5 years from now, I'd go with Cyborg or Batman 8)
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum