Monday, June 27, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "We go in so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

17 New Character Posters for 'The Hobbit'

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:29 am

17 New Character Posters for 'The Hobbit'

17, yes, we said 17, new posters for 'The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey'

Source: Empire Online

Written or Contributed by xaraan

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:21 am

On a different, yet related topic... today's RiptApparel shirt:

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:48 am

These look great! I can't believe they posted them out of order, though :smt011

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:29 pm

Funny how good they were with metalwork, yet they never invented disposable razors.

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:31 pm

Log-Man wrote:These look great! I can't believe they posted them out of order, though :smt011

What's the order you are looking for? I pretty much loaded them up in reverse order as to how I saved them.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:37 pm

xaraan wrote:

What's the order you are looking for? I pretty much loaded them up in reverse order as to how I saved them.

Most of the names came from Dvergatal or "Catalogue of the Dwarves" from the Poetic Edda, and when they are introduced to Bilbo in the book, the order in which they are said has a certain poetic cadence of its own. I think it was Thorin who introduced them:

Dwalin, Balin, Kili, Fili, Dori, Nori, Ori, Oin, Gloin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur...or was it Dori, Nori, Ori, Oin, Gloin, Fili, Kili, Dwalin, Balin, Bifur, Bofur, and Bombur.

(I can't remember the exact order, it was something like that.)

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Black Jumbo wrote:
Most of the names came from Dvergatal or "Catalogue of the Dwarves" from the Poetic Edda, and when they are introduced to Bilbo in the book, the order in which they are said has a certain poetic cadence of its own. I think it was Thorin who introduced them:

Dwalin, Balin, Kili, Fili, Dori, Nori, Ori, Oin, Gloin, Bifur, Bofur, Bombur...or was it Dori, Nori, Ori, Oin, Gloin, Fili, Kili, Dwalin, Balin, Bifur, Bofur, and Bombur.

(I can't remember the exact order, it was something like that.)

...It's that big a deal? :|

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Greg wrote:

Yes.

I don't blame you, X, they posted them out of order in the article, too. It just shows you're not a "true fan."

:groucho:

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:51 pm

:lol:

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:55 pm

Greg wrote:

I'm only pointing out what Log-Man meant...but I knew instantly what he meant, because when I first read the thread I had the same thought.

Is it a big deal? Not in a random poster thread on the internet, but I guarantee you Tolkien's naming order will be used in the movie, for all the same reasons readers remember it. That scene is a pretty big deal.

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Greg wrote:

To the guy that has to arrange giant pictures in a tiny box for articles (i.e. me)... no, it's not.

Miracloman

Great Scott!!!

Postby Miracloman » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:39 pm

Frankly I an not really interested in seeing this,guess I had my fill of LoTR and all of it related stories.

LoganRSA

penile prisoner

Postby LoganRSA » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:47 pm

Saw the trailer before Wreck-It Ralph, and I'm starting to get excited for this. I'm cautious, though, because splitting it into multiple movies has me wondering.

leave a comment with facebook