Advertisement

New Skyrim DLC: 'Dragonborn' Trailer

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 234 posts

Postby LOLtron » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:10 pm

On Friday, Bethesda teased fans with an image only saying trailer on 11/5. Well, it's the 5th and here is the trailer.

Source: Bethesda Blog

November 5th, 2012

As we close in on the anniversary of Skyrim's release a year ago, Bethesda is offering up their third DLC release, and perhaps their largest one to date.  As with their previous DLC's fans have been pouring over leaks trying to guess what's in store this time. A few tidbits of info like armor labeled: Chitin, Nordic, Bonemold and Stalhrim, Quests labeled as Dragonborn, Locations like Castle Karstaag, Solstheim, Telvanni Tower, Raven Rock and more.  Most exciting of all though, coding for dragons as mounts.  The teaser from friday offered only an image and date of trailer, so let's see what's in store for the next skyrim DLC:

And it looks like much of what we saw in those early leaks is true!  Some Morrowind-like landscapes, dragonriding, and the dragonpriest/dragonborn connections.  New armor, new monsters and is that... Spears!  Can't wait!

The DLC will be available on December 4th on XBox Live for 1600 MS Points, looks like we are still in XBox exclusive territory, so they will have it for at least 30 days?  A bit of confusion here though, as their contract with Microsoft was thought to be for two DLC's and this is the third.  Perhaps Hearthfire did not count as a full add-on because of it's small size?  We have no other information however, other than what we listed above.  Bethesda has been pretty good about having it to PC shortly after the thirty day period though if this is the case, if not perhaps we will see it on PC in less than 30 days?  Also, at this time, and in reaching out for a new update from Bethesda, no word has been offered for PS3 players yet on the status of all the DLC for their console.

And for those unaware what's going on with all the Solstheim/Morrowind talk out there for this DLC, it's an island to the north of Morrowind, a bit north-east of Skyrim that was part of a Morrowind expansion years ago.  So aside from being the first sizable add-on to the Tamriel map for Skyrim, it's also a chance to revisit an area many players are nostalgic about (and see how it has changed after a couple hundred years and after a vulcanic eruption whiped out a good piece of Morrowind).

You might also like:

NEW SKYRIM DLC TEASER
NEXT SKYRIM DLC: DRAGONBORN
SKYRIM: HEARTHFIRE NOW AVAILABLE ON STEAM
SKYRIM: HEARTHFIRE REVIEW & GUIDE
SONY WORKING WITH BETHESDA TO SOLVE DLC ISSUES
SKYRIM: HEARTHFIRE OFFICIAL TRAILER
SKYRIM: DAWNGUARD REVIEW

And Skryim fans, may also enjoy our webcomic series:
A JOURNEY THROUGH SKYRIM
Now at 13 issues and over 300 pages of free comic. Out every Tuesday.

Written or Contributed by xaraan

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Re: New Skyrim DLC: 'Dragonborn' Trailer

Postby jeremy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:50 am

Bump because I don't know why loltron published it old.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 99 posts

Postby MrBlack » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:05 am

xaraan wrote:Bump because I don't know why loltron published it old.

Daylight Savings Time and LOLtron don't get along.

Lots of cool stuff here. Interesting enemies, spears, dragonmounts, and a potentially interesting antagonist. Maybe a visit to Solstheim will bring some of the hardcore Morrowind folks around.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 767 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:04 pm

I would so totally play all this DLC if they would only release it for PS3. :(

jeremy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:24 pm

I know I'm excited, although this means I'll probably have to redo the last portion of the comic that I had already gotten caps for through to the end. At least I haven't laid them all out yet.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 99 posts

Postby MrBlack » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:32 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I would so totally play all this DLC if they would only release it for PS3. :(

Given the fact that you abandoned tv to stream programs from your computer, I'm shocked you're not a member of the glorious PC gaming master race.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 767 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:33 pm

MrBlack wrote:Given the fact that you abandoned tv to stream programs from your computer, I'm shocked you're not a member of the glorious PC gaming master race.

The problem is I hate Windows. I have a macbook, which doesn't run a lot of games (and runs none of them efficiently), and I have a bunch of linux PCs.

Though it is tempting to build a gaming box hooked up to my TV and get a controller. Hmmm...
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum