Advertisement

Matthew Vaughn to Direct Star Wars Episode VII?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 203 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:28 pm

There is no shortage of speculation about what will happen with Star Wars in the hands of Disney and who will direct Episode VII is a hot topic. Here is the latest rumor.

Source: Collider

Since the HUGE news broke that Disney purchased Lucasfilm and plans to bring a new episode of Star Wars to the screen, speculation has run rampant as to what the story will cover, who will direct, who will star, and more.

Please be aware this is definitely still in the rumor stage, but Matthew Vaughn, the guy that brought us X-Men: First Class, Kick-Ass, and Stardust, is in talks to helm Star Wars: Episode VII.  This is believed to be the reason he dropped out of directing the next X-Men film that Bryan Singer is now directing.  Many were wondering why Vaughn would step away from the X-Men, but being offered a chance to take over the reigns for Star Wars is something that could definitely entice him.  Most of all though, if true, is good news for fans.  Vaughn has offered up some great movies to geeks thus far and the fact that he is also a writer, we know he can take a concept to the next level.

http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/star-wars-universe.jpg

We'll be bringing more information on this as it becomes available, stay tuned!

As a cute side-note, someone made this 'campaign video' for Brad Bird as director of the next Star Wars movie.  I can't say he'd be a horrible choice, but I'm much more interested in Matthew Vaughn myself.

Written or Contributed by xaraan

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 462 posts

Re: Matthew Vaughn to Direct Star Wars Episode VII?

Postby HNutz » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:28 pm

I REALLY liked Stardust and First Class, so I'd like to see his happen.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Re: Matthew Vaughn to Direct Star Wars Episode VII?

Postby Chris » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:54 pm

He would not be my first choice from the rumored studio wish list for these:

From my understanding the movies that follow will be far more in line with the original trilogy in regards to tone and method, and from the few names I have heard being banded around I am very excited, as they are all choices that I think people will get behind.

- Steven Spielberg, who may actually get to direct his episode of STARWARS after all.

- Neil Blomkamp, District 9, Elysium.

- Alfonso CuarĂ³n, Children of Men, Gravity (which is a masterpiece by the way) When I was told this name, I said that's the guy.

- Matthew Vaughn. Kick Ass, First Class.

- Darren Arnofsky, The Fountain, Noah. (very popular candidate) and has been for a while.

- Joss Whedon. Serenity, The Avengers. That could work as Joss is currently overseeing Marvels next onslaught under the Disney Banner, but don't hold your breath for a directing gig for many years down the line. He may well have his part to play though ;-)

Brad Bird is my tops, but from this quoted list..

Alfonso Cuaron would be fucking amazing.

And I'd take Blomkampf and Aronofsky ahead of Vaughn as well.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum