Advertisement

Arrow - "Damaged"

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post

Arrow - "Damaged"

Postby LOLtron » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:09 pm

Arrow -

A spoiler filled recap of the latest Arrow episode.

“Damaged” opens with Ollie trying out a bow and arrow for a first time back on Purgatory Island.  Yao Fei and Ollie are hunting and Ollie is tired of having to pick up animal carcasses for the Asian Arrow.  After missing his target badly, Ollie is sent to pick up his errant arrow but gets kidnapped by a group of mercenaries.

Flashing forward to the present, Ollie’s is getting processed by the Starling City police, who arrested him last episode.  Although his mother and stepfather stop Detective Lance from interrogating him for too long, Ollie insists that he should be represented by Laurel.  While Moira thinks it’s a bad idea, she passes along the request to Laurel.  Ollie seems to think that Laurel can reach out to her father and stop him from pushing his vendetta against Ollie further. Laurel is reluctant to take on the case, but upon hearing that Ollie’s still “smitten” by her, she shows up at Ollie’s plea hearing and convinces the judge to put him under house arrest. 

After the commercial break, Ollie gets fitted for a GPS and announces his intentions to throw a prison themed party to show that “he’s not worried”.  Meanwhile, Laurel and her dad argue about Ollie’s innocence and whether Quentin is lashing out at Queen for ruining his marriage and killing his daughter. 

Later, Ollie explains to Diggle that he meant to be arrested and that the video evidence was deliberately set up.  Ollie’s plan, allegedly, is to convince the police of his innocence now in order to prevent them from getting suspicious later.  Diggle thinks it’s a rather tenuous plan but agrees to help Ollie, namely by following the movements of an arms dealer named Leo Mueller. 

Walter Steele calls in Queen Industries’ head of security and asks him to move the wreckage of the Queen’s Gambit to a more secure location.  While Walter’s making plans behind her back, Moira discusses with John Barrowman (who’s still unnamed) and one of his thugs about whether her son is actually the vigilante responsible for attacking their criminal associates.   Meanwhile, Ollie and Laurel meets with Detective Lance and Kate Spencer, the prosecuting attorney.  While Ollie turns down a plea bargain from Spencer, he does offer to take a polygraph test in front of Detective Lance.

During another flashback, Ollie is brought in to meet the head of the mercenaries, a man named Edward Fyers.  Fyers seems uninterested in Ollie’s offer of money and only seems to be interested in Yao Fei’s location.  After Ollie lies about knowing Fei, Fyers calls in a masked mercenary (who fans know to be the villain Deathstroke) to torture the information out of him.

After being hooked up to the polygraph machine, Ollie admits that he hadn’t been alone on the island and tells Detective Lance (and Laurel) that he’d been tortured on the island, but that he had lied about it to keep his family safe.  As he does so, a flashback reveals that as he’s being tortured, Fei rescues him after a brief fight with Deathstroke.  Ollie also tells Lance that he’s responsible for Sarah’s death when asked if he’s ever murdered anyone.  Despite Ollie’s performance, Lance isn’t convinced and tells Laurel he won’t drop the charges.

That night, Ollie’s party goes forward as planned.  It’s your typical CW affair filled with a bunch of hotties and liberal alcohol consumption.  Ollie asks Diggle to dress up as “the Hood” and stop Leo Meuller in order to convince the cops that he’s not the killer.  Diggle’s not thrilled about being played, but agrees to help him out.  After Diggle leaves, Laurel arrives and asks to see Ollie’s scars.  The sight of Ollie shirtless makes her instant hot for him, leading the two to make out briefly before Laurel runs off. 

While Ollie’s hooking up with his ex, Diggle successfully breaks up Mueller’s attempt to sell automatic rifles to gangbangers.  After learning that his head of security has died in a mysterious car wreck, Walter confronts his wife about the boat wreckage.  Moira seems to be surprised about their employee’s death, but insists that Walter mind his own business before he gets hurt. 

Back at Queen Manor, Barrowman’s thug tries to kill Ollie.  Although Ollie puts up a good fight, the thug manages to get his gun and is about to shoot him before he’s shot by Detective Lance. Lance had found out about the disappearance after the thug broke Ollie’s ankle bracelet.  Quickest response time ever. 

Lance drops the charges against Ollie, explaining that there was a Hood sighting.  However, Laurel discovers that Ollie had blipped during a question about Iron Heights, leading her to suspect that he was controlling his reactions all along.  Ollie convinces her that he’s far too damaged from his experience on the island to vigilante, although it brings about Laurel affirming that she can never get back together with Ollie.  Ever.  A final flashback reveals that Ollie was also abandoned by Fei, who trapped him in their cave after giving him a small pouch in order to draw the mercenaries away from him.

The episode ends with Walter leaving town for a while, obviously upset at his wife’s lies, despite her warning Barrowman to leave her family alone.  Also, Laurel picks up her drunk father at the bar and Ollie tells Diggle that he cares that his lies hurts his family.  Oh, and Ollie suits up and takes down Mueller once and for all.

So that’s this week’s episode.  Lots happened.  I’m tired, so we’ll talk more about it next week.  Check out Arrow Annotations tomorrow. 

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 0 post
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Re: Arrow - "Damaged"

Postby superfictious » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:52 am

Best ep of the season so far. I like the new Ollie/Diggs relationship. I am a bit disappointed the whole "Trial of Oliver Queen" didn't play out longer, though..

Writing was solid. Acting was...decent. My biggest complaint is that after all of this, at the end of the episode Ollie goes right back to being Psycho Arrow.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:04 pm

I laughed out loud when Laurel said she wore fish net stockings the last time they were in Ollie's bedroom together.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:44 pm

A decent episode. And Deathstroke's mask didn't look corny.

"You have failed this city"
THWIP ! 8)
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:36 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Deathstroke's mask didn't look corny.

Agreed, I was worried about that, but they pulled it off nicely.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:20 pm

You guys are effin' high.

I've seen cosplay that looked better than this wreck:

Just a horrible look altogether. But then, I haven't started drinking the kool aid of this show yet. It's really bad. The writing is not very good, and everyone has to act like a retard for the story to work every week.. the acting is getting better with most of the cast.. except, you know, the main guy.. who is probably the the worst actor I can think of right now as a lead on a TV show. The guy is stiff as hell, and can't emote to save his life. His party boy persona is laughably bad.

And yet, all that said.. I'm still watching.

It's like a trainwreck you can't look away from. :smt011 :smt013

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:35 pm

I actually really like what they've done with the mask and the color scheme they went for. I just hope by the mid season finale, Slade finally talks and is revealed to not just be someone's "yes man"

I do like that they are moving forward with some of the shows bigger mysteries though and having a lot of fun with the stuff they're playing with.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:58 am

Chris wrote:You guys are effin' high.

Just a horrible look altogether. But then, I haven't started drinking the kool aid of this show yet. It's really bad. The writing is not very good, and everyone has to act like a retard for the story to work every week.. the acting is getting better with most of the cast.. except, you know, the main guy.. who is probably the the worst actor I can think of right now as a lead on a TV show. The guy is stiff as hell, and can't emote to save his life. His party boy persona is laughably bad.

Nah you're wrong, it's miles ahead of Smallville and the acting is definitely better.

Hab

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:05 am

"Miles ahead of Smallville" isn't incongruent with being lousy TV, there's a low benchmark if ever I've seen one. I've seen fan-made work much better than Green Arrow. I haven't made it all the way through an episode yet without getting bored and changing the channel on the tv or just wandering away from it.

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:47 am

I wonder if Roy Harper and Connor Hawke will show up at some point before the show gets cancelled?

misac
Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:48 am

Chris wrote:You guys are effin' high.

Yeah, I thought it looked a little funny. I don't think it's bad though.

I'm actually liking it but they need to cut down on the you can't be GA cause you're selfish or whatever. It feels like it's in every episode.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:56 am

draco x wrote:I wonder if Roy Harper and Connor Hawke will show up at some point before the show gets cancelled?

i think we have a long time before this gets cancelled.. its brought in very good ratings for the CW. and Connor would have to be completely re-imagined.

Draco x
penile prisoner

Postby Draco x » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:16 pm

e_galston wrote:
i think we have a long time before this gets cancelled.. its brought in very good ratings for the CW. and Connor would have to be completely re-imagined.

Does anyone know when Constantine Dracon will appear as I keep hearing he's supposed to be one of the main enemies for Ollie.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Postby e_galston » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:29 pm

draco x wrote:
Does anyone know when Constantine Dracon will appear as I keep hearing he's supposed to be one of the main enemies for Ollie.

pretty sure he was in the first episode, as the bodyguard for the first person ollie hunted down.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:05 pm

draco x wrote:I wonder if Roy Harper and Connor Hawke will show up at some point before the show gets cancelled?

It's already been renewed to my knowledge and the ratings keep rising. It's not going anywhere anytime soon. :smt011

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Asylum