Monday, June 27, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "The CBR of comic book journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Zack Snyder Says Hell No to Directing Star Wars

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:15 am

Zack Snyder Says Hell No to Directing Star Wars

Not that anyone asked him to. But if they did, he won't do it.

Source: Hero Complex

In the absence of news, The Outhouse reports on the opposite of non-news. Does that make sense? Zack Snyder says he will not be directing Star Wars Episode 7.

No, he wasn't asked to. No, he wasn't even on the list of speculated directors. But in case you were wondering, he won't do it. It's not that he doesn't like Star Wars. He does. It's not even that Snyder doesn't want to incur the wrath of fanboys for screwing with a beloved property, because he directed the universally panned Watchmen movie.

It would just be too much trouble. Here's what he had to say:

“I don’t think I’d be interested in [directing it]. I’m a huge ‘Star Wars’ fanatic. I just think doing [episodes] seven, eight and nine is just a slippery slope. It’s a whole other mythological experiment I’m excited to see, but it’s a lot of effort.”

The Star Wars fervor started up last week when it was announced that Disney had purchased Lucasfilm and planned to make a new Star Wars trilogy. Since then, fans and press have been speculating on who would write, who would direct, who would star, and what the movies would be based on. The first movie is expected to hit theaters in 2015, with new movies following every couple of years afterward.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Agent Panic

crash test dummy

Postby Agent Panic » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:26 am

In what universe was Watchmen panned universally? :smt102

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:35 am

Agent Panic wrote:In what universe was Watchmen panned universally? :smt102

This one. God that was a terrible movie but then it was a bad book.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:56 am

Agent Panic wrote:In what universe was Watchmen panned universally? :smt102

On the Outhouse. I love the movie.

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:28 am

avengingtitan wrote:This one. God that was a terrible movie but then it was a bad book.

Plus it didn't help that Alan Moore who created Watchmen basically shitted on the movie itself.

BarrySagittarius

Twenty-Something

Postby BarrySagittarius » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:29 am

I made it (watchmen) my first blu-ray purchase.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:55 am

Thank goodness.

Nah. I don't hate Synder, just haven't seen much of his work that I really liked.

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:28 pm

avengingtitan wrote:This one. God that was a terrible movie but then it was a bad book.

Plus it didn't help that Alan Moore who created Watchmen basically shitted on the movie itself.

Wisdom000

rubber spoon

Postby Wisdom000 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:28 pm

draco x wrote:

Moore was just pissed that Snyder came up with a better ending than a giant squid monster. Watchmen Kicked ass.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:44 pm

draco x wrote:

Alan Moore shitted all over every move adapting his works.

leave a comment with facebook