Tuesday, May 24, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Hope you survive the experience!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

DC Announces "Young Romance" One-Shot for February

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:03 am

DC Announces

Curiously, none of the characters are that young.

Source: DC Source

DC has announced a Young Romance one-shot focusing on the romantic relationships of various characters.  The anthology, which will be released in February, will focus on characters like Wonder Woman, Superman, Batgirl, Catwoman, Batwoman, Aquaman, Mera, Apollo, Midnighter, and Dick Grayson.  

Attached to the anthology are writers such as Andy Diggle and Ann Nocienti and artists like Gene Ha and Phil Jiminez.  

Of course, Young Romance was the first "romance comic" back in the day and was originally created by Joe Simon and Jack Kirby.  Published by Crestwood Publications, the title moved to DC after its original publisher moved out of the comics publishing business.  

While I appreciate that DC's trying to make yet another attempt at diversifying its brand, surely the company realizes that romantic superheroes has an appeal limited only to tumblr lurkers.  I think that this anthology will be a one and done and we'll all get a good chuckle out of it a few months from now. 

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:30 am

Only one! I demand 51 more!

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:30 am

Jubilee wrote:Only one! I demand 51 more!

The variant covers will be different heroes making out with each other.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:38 am

Some of the I (Heart) Marvel stories from a couple years ago were fun. Not the entire project though.

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:50 am

bkthomson wrote:
The variant covers will be different heroes making out with each other.

And holo foil too!!!!

Draco x

biny little tird

Postby Draco x » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Semi-interested in this venture.

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:32 pm

I would have given this the thumb's-up if, like the original Young Romance, it didn't star superheroes. As it stands: MEH.

Psivage

FROGMAN

Postby Psivage » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:05 pm

Part of my was hoping for this to be a Young Heroes in Love comic.

leave a comment with facebook