Advertisement

Sunfire, Wasp, Wonder Man Joining Uncanny Avengers in 2015

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 205 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Don't worry, they're temporarily switching artists to get things back on track for a month.

Source: CBR

Marvel announced today that Wonder Man, Wasp and Sunfire would all be joining Rick Remender's Uncanny Avengers team beginning in issue #5, which is expected to come out sometime in 2015.   "We're really excited for people to see our expanded cast," said Axel Alonso, "Those that remember the series is coming out after the massive delays between issues, that is."  The second, third and fourth issues have all been delayed, presumably due to artist John Cassaday's lengthy artistic process.

On the plus side, Marvel announced that Oliver Copiel would be temporarily taking over artist duties during the book's second arc to give Cassaday additional time in between issues.  "By giving John a break, we'll get two, maybe even three issues out before we go back to months of waiting," Alonso said.

Remender noted that Wonder Man, a character that has repeatedly attacked the Avengers in recent years for their fascist and wrongheaded actions, would be the team's PR person and that Sunfire and Wolverine would have some sort of side mission, which probably involves plenty of death, mutilation and shortsighted acts of revenge, all of which are condoned and encouraged under Captain America's reign as supreme douchebag of the Marvel Universe leader of the Avengers.  Also, Wasp will somehow be exploiting mutants for monetary gain, which matches the overall theme of Uncanny Avengers.  

Anyways, here's the cover to issue #5, which has the entire team staring disapprovingly at you for buying it.  

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

The Bass

Liked in: 61 posts

Re: Sunfire, Wasp, Wonder Man Joining Uncanny Avengers in 20

Postby The Bass » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:12 pm

Dropped like a hot rock.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 113 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:25 pm

The Bass wrote:Dropped like a hot rock.

:lol: I'm sure Marvel is heartbroken.

(unless of course you still don't understand the humor on the front page and the 2015 thing is a joke)

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 1 post
Title: I mean... ROBINS have wings...
Formerly: DOOP SPEAK

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:26 pm

I'm definitely excited to see Sunfire join the team. I've always found him to be interesting, but have never been exposed to him beyond the beginning of Claremont's run. Any recommendations, Outhousers?

The only thing I'm calling bullshit on is Wonder Man joining the team. Really? Wasn't he calling for the Avengers to be permanently disbanded less than a year ago? I didn't read Bendis' Avengers after the first few issues of THE HEROIC AGE, though. How did that end?

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 113 posts

Postby doombug » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:30 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:I'm definitely excited to see Sunfire join the team. I've always found him to be interesting, but have never been exposed to him beyond the beginning of Claremont's run. Any recommendations, Outhousers?

The only thing I'm calling bullshit on is Wonder Man joining the team. Really? Wasn't he calling for the Avengers to be permanently disbanded less than a year ago? I didn't read Bendis' Avengers after the first few issues of THE HEROIC AGE, though. How did that end?

He's not actually getting involved in the fighting, he's more a PR guy. Wanda goes to him to ask for help and he begrudgingly joins up to help. (They revealed this info during the press conference today)

BlueStreak
The Red Stands for Irony

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: Bat-Min Inc.
Formerly: BlueStreak

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:30 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:I'm definitely excited to see Sunfire join the team. I've always found him to be interesting, but have never been exposed to him beyond the beginning of Claremont's run. Any recommendations, Outhousers?

Captain America threatened to have Wolverine sleep with Wanda and make Simon into a terrorist if he didn't lick his boot. Simon, being a spineless Avenger, did just that.

Actually, he just sort of apologized to the Avengers a couple issues ago.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 149 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:33 pm

BlueMole wrote:
Captain America threatened to have Wolverine sleep with Wanda and make Simon into a terrorist if he didn't lick his boot. Simon, being a spineless Avenger, did just that.

That was a whole storyline that never made any sense to me.

Totally unresolved imo.

Hab

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:40 pm

doombug wrote:He's not actually getting involved in the fighting, he's more a PR guy. Wanda goes to him to ask for help and he begrudgingly joins up to help. (They revealed this info during the press conference today)

Interesting. How did the conflict in the pre-AvX Avengers resolve, though? From what I read, Simon seemed pretty fanatical.

TimDrake'sDumbWings
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:41 pm

BlueMole wrote:

And there's my answer!

Shit, really!? Seems kind of anti-climactic. Perhaps editorial told Bendis that Simon needed to be left in a "usable" place post-AvX and he just halfassed it?

T-Roy Space Cowboy
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 359 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Postby T-Roy Space Cowboy » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:46 pm

Yeah I am of the opinion that they need to go ahead and get a new artist for this book. Cassadays artwork is pretty much shit at this point and it takes him for ever to draw badly drawn comics at this point, so lets find a replacement or just shit can this book altogether.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 380 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:11 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:
And there's my answer!

Shit, really!? Seems kind of anti-climactic. Perhaps editorial told Bendis that Simon needed to be left in a "usable" place post-AvX and he just halfassed it?

actually its more like bendis is putting all the toys back in the toy box after he was done.. everything he did for the most part with avengers has been put back wasp's back, simon's some what on the path to being better, wanda's back, mutants are back, vision is back, scott lang is back (yes i know scott isn't his doing but everything else pretty much is)

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Wow, those certainly are ... characters from a comic book.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 380 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:12 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:Yeah I am of the opinion that they need to go ahead and get a new artist for this book. Cassadays artwork is pretty much shit at this point and it takes him for ever to draw badly drawn comics at this point, so lets find a replacement or just shit can this book altogether.

during the conference call this was announced in they said Coipel is doing issue 5, and more than likely in the next month or two they'd announce either a new ongoing artist or a new rotating artist.

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 62 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:21 pm

I'm all over this like white on rice, or Herald on Dan DiDio.

This shit is gonna be awesome. To me, the greatness of Rick Remender is that he knows that guys like Wolverine and Thor aren't changing all that much. He knows that they need to be in books, and he uses them as necessary.

But holy hell, what that guy does is write the hell out of lesser lights. I have absolutely no doubt of this: If he's choosing to use Sunfire and Wonder Man, there's gonna be a whole lot of awesome coming out of them. There's something he wants to do with them, specifically.

Holy hell, Marvel. Push Cassaday aside so we can get to issue #5 -- and I'm not even joking.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

Cernunnos
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Cernunnos » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:44 pm

I had a feeling that Wonder Man would be in Uncanny Avengers, but the Wasp and Sunfire reveals threw me for a loop.
When a man lies, he murders some part of the world.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand