Sunday, June 26, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We go in so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

So is Image winning?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:21 pm

The two books I looked forward too most today in my pile were both Image books and I just took a look at some of last month's numbers and Image had 4 of the top 10 selling GN's last month.

It seems writers don't have to put up with as much editorial bullshit comparatively.

What do you guys think?

Hab

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:17 pm

Walking Dead 100 sold more copies than any comic of like the last 15 year's.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Outside of Top Cow and the EXTREME! line, there's no editorial bullshit whatsoever.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:44 pm

All I know is, Vertigo is much better off without all of Karen Berger's editorial bullshit.

Food Eater lad

cheese

Postby Food Eater lad » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:08 pm

I have to say that Image is putting out some of the best comics going right now.

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:22 pm

Well, I think there could definitely be a case made for Vertigo's decline and Image's rise being linked.

Most, or many, of these great books coming out of Image right now would've certainly been Vertigo books 5 years ago.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Chris wrote:Well, I think there could definitely be a case made for Vertigo's decline and Image's rise being linked.

Most, or many, of these great books coming out of Image right now would've certainly been Vertigo books 5 years ago.

I agree, largely, with this statement.

Image has a more lucrative set up for many creators nowadays as well.

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:39 pm

Chris is smart. I can see why he is queen.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:47 pm

Chris wrote:Well, I think there could definitely be a case made for Vertigo's decline and Image's rise being linked.

I think there's a point there, but, at the same time two of Images best books just hit issue 100, so it's not just happening overnight.

Hab

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:38 pm

If people aren't reading Saga, Chew, or Fatale--or at least trying them, they are fucking up. Plainly put.

Image is putting out those three amazing books, but there are many others that I'd try if only I had the money. Near Death, Point of Impact, the Jake Ellis books, Glory, Prophet...

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:40 pm

TimDrake'sDumbWings wrote:If people aren't reading Saga, Chew, or Fatale--or at least trying them, they are fucking up. Plainly put.

Image is putting out those three amazing books, but there are many others that I'd try if only I had the money. Near Death, Point of Impact, the Jake Ellis books, Glory, Prophet...

Have you grabbed the free Image #1's on Comixology?

TimDrake'sDumbWings

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby TimDrake'sDumbWings » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:44 pm

I saw that Glory and Profit were free, yes. I think i liked Glory more. Are there any others I'm missing?

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Jake Ellis was great!

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:46 am

I don't know about winning or losing, but their output lately has been pretty excellent.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:01 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Walking Dead 100 sold more copies than any comic of like the last 15 year's.

didn't MLP destroy this record?

leave a comment with facebook