Advertisement

Batwoman #14 Preview

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 25211
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 241 posts
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 1:54 pm


Batwoman #14 Preview

Postby LOLtron » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:59 am

Batwoman #14 Preview

The Batwoman/Wonder Woman team-up epic continues!



Source: Newsarama

 

• Batwoman may be out of her league as she chases down Medusa!
 
 
Written by:  J.H. Williams, III, W. Haden Blackman
Art by:  J.H. Williams, III
Regualr & Variant Cover by:  J.H. Williams, III
 
32 pages
U.S. Price:  $2.99
On Sale:  November 21, 2012
 
 
Click the page links below for Newsarama's exclusive preview !
 






Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4




READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!
Image

Advertisement

Eli Katz
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 10918
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 55 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:44 pm
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012


Re: Batwoman #14 Preview

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:29 am

Williams is a great illustrator. But I don't like his page designs. They are overly complex. And the storytelling is really inefficient.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Re: Batwoman #14 Preview

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:31 am

Eli Katz wrote:Williams is a great illustrator. But I don't like his page designs. They are overly complex. And the storytelling is really inefficient.


Indeed. Also, if the Joker isn't trying to kill you and you don't get a die cut mask cover you don't really count.

DMM
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 23820
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 4 posts
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:15 pm
Location: Philly
Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual


Re: Batwoman #14 Preview

Postby DMM » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:57 am

I love his page designs and storytelling.

Herald
User avatar
biny little tird
 
Posts: 12895
Likes: 226 posts
Liked in: 315 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:47 pm
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!


Re: Batwoman #14 Preview

Postby Herald » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:47 am

Eli Katz wrote:Williams is a great illustrator. But I don't like his page designs. They are overly complex. And the storytelling is really inefficient.


But-- but you're not supposed to care about the fundamentals, as long as everything looks "Kewl!" Style over substance FOREVER!

Herald
User avatar
biny little tird
 
Posts: 12895
Likes: 226 posts
Liked in: 315 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:47 pm
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!


Re: Batwoman #14 Preview

Postby Herald » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:49 am

Black Jumbo wrote:
Indeed. Also, if the Joker isn't trying to kill you and you don't get a die cut mask cover you don't really count.


Not part of a Bat-family crossover??
Not really part of the Bat-family.

IvCNuB4
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 11022
Likes: 545 posts
Liked in: 367 posts
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !


Re: Batwoman #14 Preview

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:11 pm

Eli Katz wrote:Williams is a great illustrator. But I don't like his page designs. They are overly complex. And the storytelling is really inefficient.


Usually it works once you figure out the panel flow, but I agree some of those pages are waaaay too much :lol: Hoping it reads easier on the actual larger printed page.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Draco x
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9024
Likes: 1174 posts
Liked in: 336 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Batwoman #14 Preview

Postby Draco x » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:22 pm

Herald wrote:
Not part of a Bat-family crossover??
Not really part of the Bat-family.


Yeah, Batwoman is basically getting the same treatment as that shitty incarnation of Azrael that Nicieza and DC tried to force on the fans. Don't get the logic of why her book is not included in the other crossovers with the Bat Family.

IvCNuB4
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 11022
Likes: 545 posts
Liked in: 367 posts
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !


Re: Batwoman #14 Preview

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Batwoman has always been a stand-alone character and title. Plus, she has to pretend to not be associated with the Bat-Family until she takes down Medusa an gets her dad out of the DEO's grasp.

And really, why would she be included in the Joker cross-over ? They've never met. Joker has no reason to go after her. If DC did include Batwoman in that event you'd all be bitching that she was shoe-horned in :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Herald
User avatar
biny little tird
 
Posts: 12895
Likes: 226 posts
Liked in: 315 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:47 pm
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!


Re: Batwoman #14 Preview

Postby Herald » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:21 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Batwoman has always been a stand-alone character and title.


Again: Then she's NOT really a Bat-character.
She's a pretender, as you yourself note below.
She's a FAKE.

Plus, she has to pretend to not be associated with the Bat-Family until she takes down Medusa an gets her dad out of the DEO's grasp.


And the best way to pretend not to be associated with the BAT-Family??
Don't use "BAT-" in your nom du guerre.

Image

What an extremely lame excuse for BATwoman to bail on a BAT-Family crossover. :roll:

And really, why would she be included in the Joker cross-over ? They've never met.


She didn't meet with Batman about using the name "Batwoman" until LONG after she co-opted it. That sure didn't stop her from co-opting it. And Batman has always been VERY possessive of the Bat-names.

Joker has no reason to go after her.


Of course he does. Until she changes that name of BATwoman, she is a BAT-character. PERIOD. And hounding BAT-characters is what Joker does best! Especially since getting to ANY of the Bat-characters mentally harms BATman! Ask Brucie about his past guilt for what happened when crowbar met Jason Todd! And he was ROBIN, not "Bat-"something!

Also, Joker is CERTIFIED INSANE. He has never needed a rational reason to go after anyone; he torments people just for the amusement. He's shown up in Superman's, Wonder Woman's, Impulse's, Deathstroke's, even THE SPECTRE'S books to pester those guys, just for the lulz! He has even messed with other Arkham inmates not because they pissed him off, but "Because it was Tuesday!"

If DC did include Batwoman in that event you'd all be bitching that she was shoe-horned in :lol:


If DC shoehorned Batwoman in that event, instead of making her an integral part of the story, it would be THEIR fault for unloading yet another round of Typical Slipshod DiDio-era Writing.
Last edited by Herald on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IvCNuB4
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 11022
Likes: 545 posts
Liked in: 367 posts
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !


Re: Batwoman #14 Preview

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:26 pm

A simple " I disagree" would have sufficed :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Herald
User avatar
biny little tird
 
Posts: 12895
Likes: 226 posts
Liked in: 315 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:47 pm
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!


Re: Batwoman #14 Preview

Postby Herald » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:31 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:A simple " I disagree" would have sufficed :lol:


A simple "The whole notion of Dan and the Gang's 'Batwoman' lacks ALL logic" would have sufficed from you. :P

IvCNuB4
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 11022
Likes: 545 posts
Liked in: 367 posts
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:51 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !


Re: Batwoman #14 Preview

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:42 pm

Since when have fictional comic book heroes ever defined "logic" ? :lol:

The entire premise of nearly every title we read is based on suspension-of-belief :P
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Draco x
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9024
Likes: 1174 posts
Liked in: 336 posts
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am


Re: Batwoman #14 Preview

Postby Draco x » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:42 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Batwoman has always been a stand-alone character and title. Plus, she has to pretend to not be associated with the Bat-Family until she takes down Medusa an gets her dad out of the DEO's grasp.

And really, why would she be included in the Joker cross-over ? They've never met. Joker has no reason to go after her. If DC did include Batwoman in that event you'd all be bitching that she was shoe-horned in :lol:


This has nothing to do with complaints of being shoe-horned but this is more about the fact that DC doesn't really care for Batwoman as a character or title. Kathy is basically getting the same treatment as Cassandra, Stephanie, Jean Paul Valley and even Michael Lane who have also been sidelined for no plausible logic other than obvious character biases.

Herald
User avatar
biny little tird
 
Posts: 12895
Likes: 226 posts
Liked in: 315 posts
Joined: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:47 pm
Title: Fun for the Whole Family!!


Re: Batwoman #14 Preview

Postby Herald » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:15 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Since when have fictional comic book heroes ever defined "logic" ? :lol:

The entire premise of nearly every title we read is based on suspension-of-belief :P


That's Willing Suspension of DISbelief. :P

And it requires things to be "believable and internally consistent". Your "Batwoman" running around on her own when there's a Bat-crossover going on breaks that believability and internal consistency. If she was REALLY a Bat-character, she'd be involved in that crossover.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to Previews



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Advertisement