Saturday, May 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The comic book industry's inflamed butthole."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Superior Spider-Man Revealed?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Superior Spider-Man Revealed?

Two intriguing variant covers popped up today on Dynamic Forces' website.

For their listings of alternative covers for Superior Spider-Man #1, Dynamic Forces lists two intriguing blank cover sketch variants that maybe reveal just who is the Superior Spider-Man. However, to note the second one cannot be found when searching, only via the jpeg. As of now, the other cover still is listed for sale. Below are both sketch covers with Spider-Man 2099 aka Miguel O'Hara as the Superior Spider-Man.

It wasn't long ago that the book's writer and currently the #1 Most Wanted Man in America, Dan Slott, accidently tweeted the identity of the mysterious Spider-Man. Slott cannot confirm or deny this since he's currently in hiding due to writing Amazing Spider-Man #698.

The Superior Spider-Man #1 will hit stores on January 2013.

Written or Contributed by Zechs

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Wonder how many people pissed about #698 will now be picking this up :lol:

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:24 pm

I smell a swerve going on. Either that or possibly the most contrived 3 issue span in the history of the franchise

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:09 pm

Well, Slott did "accidentally" tweet the artist about a month ago about Miguel's eyes or something..

But even if this is legit, it doesn't undo the stupidity of the Doc Ock thing. Just schlocky writing. :smt011

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:10 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:Wonder how many people pissed about #698 will now be picking this up :lol:

If Dan Slott is still writing, it doesn't matter who it is. It's crap.

.... and I'll still probably buy the trades at some point. :smt011

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:10 pm

Chris wrote:Well, Slott did "accidentally" tweet the artist about a month ago about Miguel's eyes or something..

But even if this is legit, it doesn't undo the stupidity of the Doc Ock thing. Just schlocky writing. :smt011

Very much this.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:11 pm

i liked the ock thing :smt102

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:37 pm

If this is Miguel and if reviews are good i might be picking up my first spiderman comic since before OMD.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 pm

If it is Miguel I predict that his being the Superior Spider-Man is going to connect with Bendis' stuff on X-Men with the original team, and end up being part of the thing future-Stark mentioned involving Kang in Avengers.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:10 am

The Nacireman wrote:If it is Miguel I predict that his being the Superior Spider-Man is going to connect with Bendis' stuff on X-Men with the original team, and end up being part of the thing future-Stark mentioned involving Kang in Avengers.

:smt011 you do know what spoilers are right?

It's not what you just blacked out, all of that is common knowledge.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:42 am

doombug wrote: :smt011 you do know what spoilers are right?

It's not what you just blacked out, all of that is common knowledge.

Actually, his second blackout was a spoiler to me...

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:49 am

It's not a spoiler if it's from a 2 year old comic.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:59 am

Chris wrote:It's not a spoiler if it's from a 2 year old comic.

It is if you haven't read comics in that long! :)

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:05 am

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:01 am

It's crazy, but I realize that 616 Peter Parker is only my 4th or 5th favorite Spiderman right now. Either my love for the 90s (Miguel and Ben) and the Ultimate U is clouding my judgment, or the Spidey franchise isn't what it used to be.

If we get some nice Doc Ock/Aunt May action the next few issues, Peter's moving down to 6.

leave a comment with facebook