Sunday, May 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Multiversity!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

The NEW ARTISTS' CORNER

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

shannonh

Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:40 pm

Doc Jon wrote::-D

As far as your idea goes, I like it, but it seems like we only have a handful of people right now capable of pulling off the project. I would hope to have more artists and writers before attempting such a laborious project.

That's more than 10. :wink:

"If you build it, they will come".

I'm not talking about JUST talent on this forum. The whole idea is getting the talent to come here to pit their (our) best efforts against each other. You want traffic? Entice the best unsigned talent to come here and the comic fans will follow. I aint SKEERT. Bring 'em on!

This type of project would work best in an established web site like the Outhousers. Having you guys attached to it gives to project more clout. It would be so easy to post an ad on every comic bulletin board for extra talent to sign up over here and take a chance at it. Basically starting with writers pitching a 5 sentence story synopsis to vote on! If we started now, we could prolly have everything ready for Kickstarter by summer 2013. What are we waiting on?!?!?!? :P

J.M. Hunter

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:13 pm

I think if this ends up being an in-house type of thing, I think a pairing up of the Community's writers and artists would be kind of kick ass. I don't know if you'd draw names randomly and see what happens, or if a couple of editors looks to see what would make good pairings etc....But there's alot of talent already on this board and unfortunately alot of the writers we have here don't get their moment to shine when it comes to fiction.

Doc Jon

Rain Partier

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:53 pm

shannonh wrote:

"If you build it, they will come".

I'm not talking about JUST talent on this forum. The whole idea is getting the talent to come here to pit their (our) best efforts against each other. You want traffic? Entice the best unsigned talent to come here and the comic fans will follow. I aint SKEERT. Bring 'em on!

This type of project would work best in an established web site like the Outhousers. Having you guys attached to it gives to project more clout. It would be so easy to post an ad on every comic bulletin board for extra talent to sign up over here and take a chance at it. Basically starting with writers pitching a 5 sentence story synopsis to vote on! If we started now, we could prolly have everything ready for Kickstarter by summer 2013. What are we waiting on?!?!?!? :P

Hey, I love some of the ideas, but it's a gigantic undertaking that I don't want to step into lightly. I don't want to be all gung-ho on it and find it abandoned a month later. It's why we've taken a more methodical approach to this.

Finding the right people to organize and help is also a part of the process.

shannonh

Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:55 am

Doc Jon wrote:
Hey, I love some of the ideas, but it's a gigantic undertaking that I don't want to step into lightly. I don't want to be all gung-ho on it and find it abandoned a month later. It's why we've taken a more methodical approach to this.

Finding the right people to organize and help is also a part of the process.

Yep, so true. Any volunteers? Hello? Anyone out there? :wink:

contramundi

cheese

Postby contramundi » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:34 am

im in if you want

chaptse

luchadore

Postby chaptse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:57 am

thanks a lot

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:36 pm

Guys, just so you know I'm posting a page I'm working on in my blog. Feel free to stop by and leave me a comment. It's a pencils-to-ink thing so you can see how I work.

Now go and write a comment for me: http://artbyarion.blogspot.com/

Christian Friborg

Faster Pussycat

Postby Christian Friborg » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:56 pm

dairydead wrote:seriously though, can we just ban this guy already? he pulls dumb shit constantly

This is the best time. Do it! :smt013

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:13 pm

chaptse wrote:thanks a lot

Saying thank you just right after Thanksgiving. How very appropriate.

J.M. Hunter

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:13 am

Found an old piece I never finished. Wondering if I should?

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:35 am

kethy wrote:I was thinking about the new artist corner. I also want to appreciate this program because due to this plain the new character is announced. The number of people feel boring and they dislike the old characters so as my thought it is the best idea to attract the people in game and also their colours are including in this mission so I hope all the people likes this corner very much as like and they want to appreciate to this corner when they knows about its amazing and newly program.

I couldn't agree more, kethy.

auComic

Faster Pussycat

Postby auComic » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:13 pm

looking forward to see the results!

dacreativegenius

Whippersnapper

Postby dacreativegenius » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:11 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:How about front page galleries where artists can showcase work?

i approve that message.

CountD

Undead Member

Postby CountD » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:48 pm

I like this.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:59 pm

CountD wrote:I like this.

Yeah that's good stuff.

Hab

leave a comment with facebook