Friday, June 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Trash eaters."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Walking Dead 3.06 "Hounded" - RATE IT!

"Hounded" - RATE IT!

10
2
11%
 
Chris, S.F. Jude Terror
9
3
17%
 
Eli Katz, Eric Ratcliffe, misac
8
3
17%
 
dairydead, GOSD, syxxpakk
7
4
22%
 
habitual, Nightfly, pastajoe, Regulator
6
5
28%
 
Amoebas, GiveWarAChance, IvCNuB4, Tintin Quarantino, xshane666x
5
1
6%
 
McMonkey Nut
4
0
No votes
 
3
0
No votes
 
2
0
No votes
 
1
0
No votes
 
  Total votes : 18

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Sakie wrote:
Eh, I agree with you but I guess normal in this situation would mean that Andrea is a female that isn't dead? :smt102


That's the new normal, indeed.
User avatar

Regulator

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Regulator » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:56 pm

I really don't think they will have the Governor go to the same extent in his "interrogation" as he did in the comics. Rick's thing might happen, but I don't think the other will. I think that's still a bridge too far for a basic cable TV show that needs advertisers and a diverse audience. Also, the comic governor was pretty psychotic right off the bat. This Governor is a bit of a sociopath but not really in the same category.
User avatar

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:44 pm

Chris wrote:Oh, fuck. Oh, fuck. Oh, fuck.

I have a feeling the
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Governor rape
thing from the comics is going to be with Maggie, instead of Michonne, in the show. :eek: :\


Not familiar with the book events. Is it twisted or something way brutal ?
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:27 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:
Not familiar with the book events. Is it twisted or something way brutal ?


Yes.
User avatar

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:27 am

Regulator wrote:I really don't think they will have the Governor go to the same extent in his "interrogation" as he did in the comics. Rick's thing might happen, but I don't think the other will. I think that's still a bridge too far for a basic cable TV show that needs advertisers and a diverse audience. Also, the comic governor was pretty psychotic right off the bat. This Governor is a bit of a sociopath but not really in the same category.

My guess: the Governor will attempt to rape her, but will be interrupted. That way, the show can still depict him as completely evil without having to depict his evil in full.

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:49 am

Spoiler alert for non-comic readers:

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Kirkman said that he regretted the rape in the comic because of all the hatemail he got accusing him of being racist, sexist etc. He said if he got the chance to do it again he would have had Glenn be the one who was raped. Because it's not sexist when it happens to male characters or Asians, apparently.


I seriously hope they don't pussy out of this, though. I really dislike them fleshing out the Governor's character like this. He should just be an evil bastard from scene 1, IMO.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:04 pm

I like the Governor in the show.

I like that he's not just a caricature. He was great in the comics, but a show is different. You're given more room than 22 pages an issue to work with, and characters have more room to grow.

By all accounts, he will still become the prick we love to hate from the books.. we're just meeting him at an earlier point in his personal journey. I like that we get to see him devolving into an evil bastard, and losing all pretentions of being a good guy.

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:15 pm

Chris wrote:I like the Governor in the show.

I like that he's not just a caricature. He was great in the comics, but a show is different. You're given more room than 22 pages an issue to work with, and characters have more room to grow.

By all accounts, he will still become the prick we love to hate from the books.. we're just meeting him at an earlier point in his personal journey. I like that we get to see him devolving into an evil bastard, and losing all pretentions of being a good guy.


I hope so. They could do with getting a move on, though.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:52 pm

PDH wrote:
I hope so. They could do with getting a move on, though.


It's a 16 episode season. I'm fine with the pacing, especially considering how long the prison arc was in the book.
User avatar

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:01 pm

The governor keeps a bunch of zombie heads in fishtanks in his house, he had a group of soldiers murdered, he tried to have Michonne murdered, he has kidnapped Glenn and Maggie and is lying to Andrea about it, holds gladiator fights with zombies, and he keeps his daughter alive as a zombie in secret... how is he not evil and crazy enough?

PDH

penile prisoner

Postby PDH » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:10 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:The governor keeps a bunch of zombie heads in fishtanks in his house, he had a group of soldiers murdered, he tried to have Michonne murdered, he has kidnapped Glenn and Maggie and is lying to Andrea about it, holds gladiator fights with zombies, and he keeps his daughter alive as a zombie in secret... how is he not evil and crazy enough?


He hasn't raped, tortured or maimed a main character within pages of his introduction. Not evil and crazy enough.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:50 pm

Is there a new episode tonight?
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:52 pm

Yes.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clockwork_Fish, Earth-2 NoctourneM, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], Herald, John Strange, Johnnie Torch, Liam Moorhart, MikeinLA, MSNbot Media, Pizza Dog, Spacedog, Stephen Day and 77 guests