Advertisement

The Walking Dead 3.07 "When The Dead Come Knocking" - RATE!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

"When The Dead Come Knocking" - RATE IT!

5%

S.F. Jude Terror
53%

Chris, dairydead, doombug, Eli Katz, GOSD, habitual, misac, Nightfly, oogy, Victorian Squid
37%

Amoebas, e_galston, GiveWarAChance, pastajoe, Regulator, syxxpakk, xshane666x
5%

Lord Simian
No votes

No votes

No votes

No votes

No votes

No votes

Total votes : 19

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 145 posts

Re: The Walking Dead 3.07 "When The Dead Come Knocking" - RA

Postby doombug » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Tattooed Jesus wrote:I enjoyed this weeks episode. The guy that plays Merle is so believable as the creepy, racists, douche bag, redneck. The scene with The Governor and Maggie was quiet unsettling and uncomfortable to watch, and thats exactly how it should have been.

Might as well officially tease this thursdays Why I Love Comics podcast, I got 15 minutes with Michael Rooker aka Merle Dixon himself earlier today.

8)

Advertisement

xshane666x
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 0 post

Postby xshane666x » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:53 pm

Much better than last week! I do think they've strayed a bit too far from the comics. The Governor is lame on TV. Its been weak as far as he goes. Thats about my only gripe. I just have to seperate the two.

Otherwise pretty cool episode. I think next week turns awesome.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 183 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Much better than last week, I give it a 9.

Loved bad ass Glenn!

Hab

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 241 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:04 pm

I thought Maggie was going to get it. That was uncomfortable.

Great episode.

Cannot wait until next week! :shock:

9 because Andrea annoys the fuck out of me.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:07 am

GOSD wrote:I thought Maggie was going to get it.

She gonna get it alright. :groucho:

Nightfly
Staff Writer

Liked in: 9 posts

Postby Nightfly » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:52 am

nine
Follow me on Twitter for Entertainment news updates!
You have all the weapons you need... Now Fight!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 110 posts

Postby misac » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Really liked the scene in the shack. Rick and Michonne are wary of each other but the were on the same page with that dude.

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby Wisdom000 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:24 pm

Things are gonna get really ugly...

Its taken a while... but I am glad to see the decompression bullshit is finally going away in television. It killed V, it killed Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles... dragging shit out way beyond what is needed is just a sure fire way to kill your own show. I understand that dragging the nonsense out makes sense from a budget standpoint, but budget won't matter when you ratings are abysmal because nothing ever bloody happens. I nearly stopped watching Walking dead during season 2, because it just seemed to go on forever without anything ever happening, while always alluding to something really big happening right around the corner.

With the V remake, what could have been an awesome show was ruined by them trying avoiding the war that everyone was tuning in to watch. In the very last episode, they gave us the promise that it was finally time for the war to start, after 2 seasons of utter bullshit. But by then, no one could give a flying toss. Not to mention because they dragged so much shit out with pointless crap, every character on the show just came across looking like an idiot.

With Walking Dead it has to move forward, and it seems the writers finally understand that. I didn't mind that they spent so much time on the farm... that made sense to me. What I minded was the search for the little girl bullshit, the watching as people made the dumbest decisions in history (barn full of walkers), and left the problems unresolved for so long. In a situation like this, on a show like this, the characters have to be pro-active.

This is by far the best season of the show, although its edging close to moving too far in the other direction, and moving too fast... but that's another rant.

Andrea continues to be my least favorite character. However at least this episode she was written consistently, and even though she is helping the wrong people at least she didn't do anything abhorrently stupid or disloyal. Her interaction with the "doctor" was nice and pretty well done, and I liked the sympathy she showed him. Made me hate her a lot less.

Carol...holy shit, how fast can my opinion turn on her... I hated her, loathed her almost as much as Lori, up until this season. But her performance when seeing rick, and seeing the baby... and then realizing Lori died... fuck... she went through like 8 different emotional states in the span of seconds, and she did it convincingly and believably... I definitely respect the actress for her ability to go through that... Relief at seeing everyone alive, gratitude to Daryl for saving her, perhaps love, definitely fondness, joy to seeing everyone alive, stunned surprise to see the baby, utter grief when she realized Lori was lost, and finally a calm mothering resolve... It was like a 30 second roller coaster ride of emotion... and that's a ride I will gladly stand in line for again from her. I was very very impressed.

Michonne... holy god, even dead on her feet I love this woman... the anger and caution beneath her gaze... holy crap. The absolute resolve to fight to the last breath with everything she has... Watching her come to the realization that while this groups actions (tending her wounds but taking her sword, locking her up, and telling her she can't leave) is exactly the same as what the governor did, but that their reasons for doing it were so completely different, and their reactions with one another justified their actions... it was powerful. Where she could see the Governor was being deceitful, wearing a smile to mask the secrets he was hiding, she could see that Ricks group was operating out of concern for their own safety, and the safety of their lost members.

Glenn and Maggie... holy fuck shit... I love these two sooo very much... Glenn is the fucking man.... he takes the beating, he fucks up the zombie while restrained to the strongest chair in the world. But Maggie.... damn, what was a ridiculously over the top and disgusting scene in the comic, served here only to show exactly how strong of a character Maggie is here. It;s a shame that the resolve broke when the gun was pointed at Glenn, but it would have been far worse if Glenn died or was maimed. But damn... again very powerful scenes, without being entirely too squicky.

Not much happened with Daryll, although he was a bit cold blooded with Michonne... again believable, but this episode had so much going on that some people had to step back a bit so others could shine.

I had a sense of genuine panic when Hershels daughter volunteered to go on the mission, was glad to see she was kept back... because I would have hated to see her be expendable... she is really the only innocent one left other than the baby, as Carl has pretty much lost every shred of innocence he had... and become a badass.

The prisoners volunteering was a nice touch, and it will certainly ingratiate them to the group. Although i can see one of them switching sides... just a feeling I have.

The bit with crazy guy in the cabin was a nice touch... surprised we don't see more of that kind of thing actually.

All in all, can't wait till the next episode.
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:26 pm

You know what else killed V and TSC?

Shitty acting. Shitty writing, and stupid plotlines. :groucho:

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 406 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:12 pm

Chris wrote:Shitty acting. Shitty writing, and stupid plotlines. :groucho:

Stop talking about Lost :-D

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 146 posts

Postby dairydead » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:17 pm

Amoebas wrote:Stop talking about Lost :-D

The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:27 pm

Amoebas wrote:Stop talking about Lost :-D

I could accept stupid plot lines from a hater. But acting and writing (for the most part) are undisputable, you sonuvabitch!

Lost gave us Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn, and The Constant!

Wisdom000
rubber spoon

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby Wisdom000 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:46 am

Chris wrote:I could accept stupid plot lines from a hater. But acting and writing (for the most part) are undisputable, you sonuvabitch!

Lost gave us Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn, and The Constant!

Lost was incomprehensible garbage, The actors did their job of looking confused and dumbfounded satisfactorily... but given the material, saying they were good at it is like being surprised that Robert Downey Junior is able to pull off a substance abusing privileged smartass....

It is also the epitome of bullshit mystery that went on far too long, and the big reveal was just fucking stupid.
Anti-Organized Religion, Pro-Choice, Pro-Gun Rights with limits, Pro-Legalization of Drugs-Prostitution-Assisted Suicide, Pro-Gay Marriage,

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 826 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:55 am

Wisdom000 wrote:

Lost was incomprehensible garbage, The actors did their job of looking confused and dumbfounded satisfactorily... but given the material, saying they were good at it is like being surprised that Robert Downey Junior is able to pull off a substance abusing privileged smartass....

It is also the epitome of bullshit mystery that went on far too long, and the big reveal was just fucking stupid.

Jude Terror likes this post.

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Chris » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:46 am

Wisdom000 wrote:

Wrong.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Asylum