Advertisement

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is... Batman?!

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 243 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:22 am

Box office jinx Joseph Gordon-Levitt is rumored to be up for the role of Batman in the upcoming Justice League movie.

Source: Hitfix

Joseph Gordon-Levitt, or JGL as his friends call him, is rumored to be up for the role of the new Batman in Warner Bros. upcoming Justice League movie. According to sources of Hitfix's Drew McWeeny, who has one of the most unfortunate names in the gossip business since Rich Johnston, JGL playing Batman is a done deal, and Zack Snyder's upcoming Superman movie, Man of Steel, could feature an Avengers franchise style after-credits crossover scene.

This is very much a rumor and should be taken as such, as my father taught me to never trust a man with one or more terms for a penis in his name, advice which has served this reporter well for nigh on thirty-five years. However, Snyder was gallivanting all over the internet today talking about how his Superman movie would tie into the Justice League-verse, and, though many blame JGL for the post-Avengers box office slump this summer, he is a very marketable fanboy dreamboat second only perhaps to Nathan Fillion. This fanboy man-love for putting hunky but successful-only-in-supporting-role actors into lead roles is what led to the casting of disgraced beefcake Ryan Reynolds as Green Lantern, resulting in the biggest failure in Warner Bros. history when Reynolds could no more carry the picture than he could create believable chemistry with co-star Blake Lively, a fact made quite ironic by the fact that the two married after meeting on the set.

McWeeny goes on to suggest that JGL's JL Batman will also be connected to Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight universe, and this of course means that Batman will be someone other than Bruce Wayne, since JGL plays a character named John Blake (but really SPOILER) in Dark Knight Rises, filling the roles in that movie of both James Gordon because SPOILER, and also Alfred because SPOILER.

While there is no real evidence to back any of this speculation up, it is being picked up by other gossip sites such as Ain't It Cool News, which has built a reputation of trustworthiness by virtue of not changing its website design since it started as a Compuserve group in 1993.

Zack Snyder's Man of Steel will be in theaters on June 14, 2013, and Justice League Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt (a title which, in retrospect, should have given it away earlier) is scheduled for summer of 2015, a strategic move by Warner to ensure that the movie is crushed beneath the success of Avengers 2 and Star Wars Episode 7.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Nightfly
Staff Writer

Liked in: 9 posts

Re: Joseph Gordon-Levitt is... Batman?!

Postby Nightfly » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:17 am

Way too phar!!! Especially in a world where Jerry Trainor is available.
Follow me on Twitter for Entertainment news updates!
You have all the weapons you need... Now Fight!

superfictious
Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Liked in: 180 posts
Title: superfictious.wordpress.com

Postby superfictious » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:21 am

It would make sense, and would establish "Robin" as a different type of Batman away from the Nolanverse.

And physically, I mean, if I could once buy Michael friggin' Keaton as Bats, JGL shouldn't be a problem.

Mr. Log
rubber spoon

Liked in: 150 posts
Title: HRUNK!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:38 am

The movie's not even out of the pot-smoking "You know what would be cool?" stage and we're entertaining casting rumors?

God bless the internet.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 367 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:53 pm

Rumor of JGL as Batman in Snyder's "Man Of Steel" debunked

Joseph Gordon-Levitt spoke with MTV and addressed the rampant rumor that he has a cameo in Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel" as the new Batman.

"I hadn't heard that one," Gordon-Levitt told MTV. "It just goes to show how much you can believe rumors. I don't think you should believe in any of them," he said. "If there's something I'm going to be in, I'm going to tell you about it."
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Not that I buy the JGL/Batman rumors whatsoever.. but just because they say it's not true doesn't make it so.

How long was Christopher Nolan denying that Talia was in DKR, much less that Marion Cotillard was playing her? Months.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum