Advertisement

Arrow - "Muse of Fire"

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts

Arrow - "Muse of Fire"

Postby LOLtron » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:34 pm

Arrow -

A review of the latest episode of Arrow!

Preface: I’m not feeling 100%, so I’m going to keep things relatively succinct tonight.

“Muse on Fire” marks the beginning of Arrow’s second real story arc. It was a significant episode for a few reasons:

1) It introduced Helena Bertinelli, aka the Huntress, who’ll be acting as a new foil for Ollie in the coming weeks. Jessica de Goew wasn’t an awful actress (by CW standards), but she came off a bit monotoned for the bulk of the episode.  Hopefully, we'll see her emote some more next week.  

2) We discovered who John Barrowman is. The answer, while obvious, was a nifty little twist. Barrowman is revealed to be Tommy Merlyn’s father, who’s a fencing enthusiast, a creeper and a generally evil dude. Considering it’s likely that Tommy will go evil at some point, we now have a decent idea who will push him that direction.

3) There’s a mob war brewing in Starling City! Helena’s actions this episode makes both the cops and Diggle worried that the Bertinelli crime family will be lashing out against the Chinese triad. Considering China White briefly appeared this episode and is slated to show up next week, we’re thinking that this will get bloody.

In terms of plot, there actually wasn’t that much to get through. Basically, Helena (in disguise) takes a shot at one of her father’s lieutenants, who happens to be meeting with Moira Queen at the time. Ollie learns that several of Bertinelli’s mobsters have been killed, and while investigating, ends up on a date with Helena when Frank Bertinelli is called away to talk to the Chinese mob.

A little while later, Ollie and Helena fight after the two save a restaurateur from getting roughed up by Niki Salvotti, Bertinelli’s chief lieutenant. Both Ollie and Salvotti learn that it’s Helena who’s been killing people. It comes out that Helena was gathering evidence against the Bertinelli crime family for the FBI, and her father had her fiancée killed, thinking it was him who was informing for the feds.

Anyways, Ollie and Helena get kidnapped, bust out of their bindings and proceed to kill a few mobsters. Ollie uses his patented armpit snap while Helena kills Salvotti with a really hard, neck-snapping punch to the head. In the aftermath, Ollie and Helena hook up. Also, Laurel and Tommy go on a first date, where Tommy learns that he’s been cut off by his evil father (Captain Jack), Walter returns home and Thea continues to act as a walking plot pusher.

That’s the episode, folks. Come back tomorrow for Arrow Annotations.

Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Nightfly
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post

Re: Arrow -

Postby Nightfly » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:38 am

I liked the episode more than I thought I would. Glad Ollie has a girlfriend he can kick-ass with.
Follow me on Twitter for Entertainment news updates!
You have all the weapons you need... Now Fight!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum