Advertisement

Mark Hamill Okay With Being Replaced in Star Wars

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 234 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:54 pm

The sixty-one year old actor would be fine with a younger actor taking over his role.

Source: E! Online

The general belief coming out of the Star Wars rumor mill has Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and Harrison Ford reprising their roles as Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, and Han Solo in the upcoming Star Wars Episode 7, but, if that were not to come to pass, Mark Hamill would be okay with that. In an interview with E! Online, Hamill had the following to say:

If they were going to do a story where Luke was too young or too old for me to play, they would get an age-appropriate actor. There's so many good people.

Wait a minute... too old? Is Disney planning on putting a 150 year old Luke Skywalker in Episode 7? And couldn't Hamill just don a beard and a cane like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins?

In any case, Hamill prefers to let Lucasfilm make the announcements about Star Wars, but that won't stop the internets from grabbing hold of any random statement made by anyone connected with the movies and spinning it into a story. We'll keep you updated.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Nightfly
Staff Writer

Liked in: 9 posts

Re: Mark Hamill Okay With Being Replaced in Star Wars

Postby Nightfly » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 pm

I'm very okay with it too.
Follow me on Twitter for Entertainment news updates!
You have all the weapons you need... Now Fight!

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 41 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Yes, I'd rather they have people that can actually act in the movies.

enragedjester
Faster Pussycat

Liked in: 0 post

Postby enragedjester » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:45 pm

if they are going to make Luke 150 years old, then just get Hamill to put on prosthetic makeup? <-- if that's possible

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:31 pm

I'd prefer that Luke be the only character from the first series involved. Put some age makeup on Hamill, let him give some advice to the main character, move on. No good will come from Carrie Fisher or Harrison Ford appearing.

mrorangesoda
FROGMAN

Title: Be the leaf

Postby mrorangesoda » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:31 pm

I'd prefer that Luke be the only character from the first series involved. Put some age makeup on Hamill, let him give some advice to the main character, move on. No good will come from Carrie Fisher or Harrison Ford appearing.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum