Advertisement

Warner Bros. and CW Casting Wonder Woman for Amazon TV Show

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 235 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:30 am

Are you a 5'8" female in your early to mid-twenties (probably not, if you are reading this website)?

Source: Deadline

Warner Bros. has sent out a casting call for an upcoming Wonder Woman TV show called Amazon. Building on the success of Arrow, which is inexplicably popular despite being a low budget superhero drama on a network for teen girls, WB hopes to find a marketable actress for the role before the show is fully developed.

Allan Heinberg, writer of Marvel's Young Avengers comic, is executive producer of Amazon. The show is expected to follow an unconventional season schedule, airing one or two seasons before taking a break for five years until Heinberg feels like making another one.

Here's the casting description:

She comes from a remote, secluded country and until now has spent most of her life as a soldier and a leader on the battlefield. Because of relentless brutality of her life at home, Iris looks at our world with absolute awe and astonishment. She’s delighted ­and just as often horrified ­ by the aspects of everyday life that we take for granted: skyscrapers, traffic, ice cream. It’s all new and fascinating and sometimes slightly troubling ­to her. Iris is completely unschooled in our world, our culture, our customs. And she’s completely inexperienced at interpersonal relationships. She has no social filter, does not suffer fools, and tends to do and say exactly what’s on her mind at all times. She’s bluntly, refreshingly honest. She can tell when you’re lying to her. And she doesn’t have time or patience for politics or tact because she’s too busy trying to experience everything our world has to offer. There are too many sights to see ­and things to learn ­and people to care for. Hers is a true, noble, and generous heart. And she will fight and die for the people she loves. Iris is a fierce warrior with the innocent heart of a romantic ­and she will fight to the death to make the world safe for innocents and true romantics everywhere.

Oh yeah, her name is Iris, which happens to be the same name this reporter uses whenever I tuck my penis between my legs and head down to the docks for a little bit of hustling. Deadline says that may just be a red herring, like communism. In fact, DC fat cat Geoff Johns posted on Twitter, "if a WW show happens her name is of course DIANA. Codenames (like IRIS) are used in casting a lot to try and avoid speculation. #TV101."

The tweet caused a controversy when a relieved Warner Bros., hearing of this Television 101 class, attempted to sign up, only to learn that Johns was using a figure of speech. Sadly, the beleaguered company will just have to figure things out on their own.

The Outhouse will keep you updated on the show unless CW finally gives up on television, which no one would blame them for.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Warner Bros. and CW Casting Wonder Woman for Amazon TV S

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:50 am

Beat me to it !
Fan-boy outrage has already spread across the Internet about this. :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 773 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:58 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:Beat me to it !
Fan-boy outrage has already spread across the Internet about this. :lol:

:lol: It's okay, ThanosCopter scooped me on the James Gunn apology, and I had written up a fake one already that was more insulting than his original statements. :P
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:59 am

Nobody cares about Wonder Woman.

VaderTheTrader
Swedish Pinata of Death

Liked in: 214 posts
Title: Dark Lord of the Sith

Postby VaderTheTrader » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Don't think Olivia Munn would get the job but judging by her book title I bet she'd be up for it!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:25 pm

And now Heinberg joins in:

"Amazon" producer Allen Heinberg revealed on Twitter that Wonder Woman will remain Diana for the television series.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 172 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Punchy wrote:Nobody cares about Wonder Woman.

Four seasons of television says you're wrong.

Hab

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 326 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:37 pm

I knew DC and CW wouldn't be stupid enough to rename WW with one of the dumbest and most boring monikers one could come up with.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum