Advertisement

Vertigo Fallout: Seaguy 3 Canceled, DC to Produce Army of Killer Robots?

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 206 posts

Postby LOLtron » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:51 pm

Cameron 'Chicken Little' Stewart has joined the rest of the internet in fearing that the sky is falling now that Karen Berger has left Vertigo.

Source: The Twitter

Ever since DC announced, before their Nu52 reboot, that they would begin taking DC characters out of the Vertigo universe in order to publish watered down versions of their books set in the mainstream DCU, fans have been predicting Vertigo's imminent doom. The motivation behind the systematic dismantling of the acclaimed creator-owned comic imprint is unknown, but we can only assume it involves Scrooge McDuck sized money-vaults filled with gold coins and the tears of outraged fanboys, in which evil DC leader Dan Didio, in a 1920s style, striped, full-body swimsuit, is doing the backstroke, smiling from ear to ear. That aforementioned doom seems closer than ever before as, yesterday, it was revealed that Karen Berger, longtime head of Vertigo since its founding in 1993, is leaving the company.

There is no official statement about the reasons behind Berger's departure, but this reporter's sources are telling me that the final straw was a plan by DC to privatize the city of Detroit, rename it Delta City, and create an army of Watchmen-branded law enforcement cyborgs to oppress the citizens. While I cannot reveal my sources, I will say that they are absolutely not the movie Robocop.

Okay, my sources are the movie Robocop.

In any case, joining thousands of fanboys on the internet speculating on how this is the final nail in Vertigo's coffin, Seaguy artist Cameron Stewart took to Twitter with the following message:

Written by Grant Morrison, Seaguy is a drug-fueled romp about a man in a scuba suit and his sidekick, a fish. The series has consisted of two three-issue miniseries, with a third and final mini in the works. In an interview on CBR in 2009, Morrison called Seaguy his "Watchmen," so it is likely that Stewart is overreacting, and fans can indeed expect the third volume to be published. It will just happen in 2025, involve completely different creators, be called Before Seaguy, and come with a line of Seaguy-themed toaster merchandise which may or may not also be cyborg killing machines. We can't rule anything out.

Follow the hysterical reaction to Berger's departure from Vertigo here on our forums.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 306 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Vertigo Fallout: Seaguy 3 Canceled, DC to Produce Army o

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:48 pm

:lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: Vertigo Fallout: Seaguy 3 Canceled, DC to Produce Army o

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:27 pm

It wouldn't surprise me, look how long it's been already.

It would be fitting if Morrison never actually got around to writing his own self-proclaimed "Watchmen", he's become so full of it. :roll:

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand