Advertisement

DC March Solicit Previews - Green Lantern

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 235 posts

Postby LOLtron » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:21 pm

Here's a GL teaser of the full solicits due next week

Source: DC Blog

The full DC solicits for March 2013 will be out next Monday, December 10.  Here's a teaser for the Green Lantern family of titles.

GREEN LANTERN #18
Written by GEOFF JOHNS
Art by DOUG MAHNKE and CHRISTIAN ALAMY
Cover by GARY FRANK
1:25 B&W Variant cover by GARY FRANK
On sale MARCH 6 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Combo pack edition: $3.99 US
Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for more information.
• The epic, universe-shattering “WRATH OF THE FIRST LANTERN” continues!
• Don’t miss the shocking fates of Hal Jordan and Sinestro!
• And the First Lantern continues his cosmic life experiments, but with a great cost to the Corps. 

GREEN LANTERN CORPS #18
Written by PETER J. TOMASI
Art by FERNANDO PASARIN and SCOTT HANNA
Cover by JUAN JOSE RYP
1:25 B&W Variant cover by JUAN JOSE RYP
On sale MARCH 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
• “WRATH OF THE FIRST LANTERN” continues!
• After having ripped apart Guy Gardner, the First Lantern now directs his singular and horrific power at John Stewart, forcing the Corps to see the light and darkness of their lives in a frightening new way!

GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS #18
Written by TONY BEDARD
Art and cover by AARON KUDER
1:25 B&W Variant cover by AARON KUDER
On sale MARCH 20 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.
• “WRATH OF THE FIRST LANTERN” continues!
• The First Lantern has already devastated Kyle Rayner. Now he sets his sights on Carol Ferris and the rest of the New Guardians.
• How will the First Lantern’s unique, sadistic power shatter the lives of Larfleeze, Saint Walker, Arkillo and the rest?

RED LANTERNS #18
Written by PETER MILLIGAN
Art and cover by MIGUEL SEPULVEDA
1:25 B&W Variant cover by MIGUEL SEPULVEDA
On sale MARCH 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
• “WRATH OF THE FIRST LANTERN” continues! • The First Lantern turns his formidable gaze on Atrocitus and shows the high king of vengeance that everything he believed about himself, the universe and rage has been pitifully wrong. And that’s just for starters.
• Meanwhile Rankorr’s attempts to live a normal life end in tragedy…and a fight to the death with Bleez!

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 995 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: DC March Solicit Previews - Green Lantern

Postby Grayson » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:38 pm

Good, no mention of Baz and it looks like the main Green Lantern title will shift back to focusing it's attention on Hal and Sinestro. Looks like I won't drop Green Lantern after all.
ImageImageImage

Drcharles
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Drcharles » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:29 pm

Sakie wrote:Good, no mention of Baz and it looks like the main Green Lantern title will shift back to focusing it's attention on Hal and Sinestro. Looks like I won't drop Green Lantern after all.

What !.......?

Simon Baz is the character making this book worthwhile and interesting...........come on lets break the status quo here, this title is hot.... :D...........Im really enjoyng it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oh and a pic of ben affleck playing a blind matt is enough to make me not take you seriously.....

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 995 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Drcharles wrote:What !.......?

Simon Baz is the character making this book worthwhile and interesting...........

:smt011

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. I personally find the character to be uninteresting and predictable.

come on lets break the status quo here, this title is hot.... :D...........Im really enjoyng it.

Hey, I am glad that you like the character but my problem comes from the fact that I don't read the main Green Lantern book because I want to read about Simon Baz. :smt102

Lately, I have found that Geoff Johns' work on Green Lantern has been a little mediocre but I continued to buy the book each month because I like Hal Jordan and I have been intrigued by what Johns has been doing with Sinestro. If Johns is going to push the characters that I am interested in to the background, while shoving a character that I don't like down my throat, then I am simply going to stop buying his book. If I wanted to read a book that featured other members of the Green Lantern corps, I would buy Green Lantern Corps or Green Lantern: New Guardians.
ImageImageImage

Drcharles
crash test dummy

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Drcharles » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:43 pm

I started reading Green Lantern simply for the art of Doug Mahnke, and found that I enjoyed the book, it wasn't even for Hal Jordan, although he is the GL I like the most. But when Sinestro became a Green Lantern thats when I really started getting into it, and thought , what a nice mix they have put together. I know in the back of my mind that Hal will come back and reclaim the title, but I do like these little diversions that pop into comics every so often. It was the same when Bucky took over the roll of Cap America, It was bearable, but I just wanted to see how all this pans out, same case with a Muslim GL.......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oh and a pic of ben affleck playing a blind matt is enough to make me not take you seriously.....

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 326 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:36 pm

Does anyone find the First Lantern intriguing in any way whatsoever? Just curious myself.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 344 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Yes.
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:34 pm

I loved the Green Lantern books pre-New 52 but I just don't get excited about them anymore.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand